Stroll Seen while strolling...walking and wandering outside

Barn in Orland, CA.

15499185914_3793f222c9_o.jpg
[/url]orland_farm by yourpaleddie, on Flickr[/IMG]

A team of four young women are aiming to become the first female crew to row across the Pacific Ocean from San Francisco to Australia. They were showing off their pink boat in town today as one of them lives locally. I hope it's warmer for them in the Pacific than it was by the river this morning. That's our mayor standing in the boat in the second picture.

16168230600_171a1e0a0c_b.jpg
Pacific Rowers 1 by clearbluesky44, on Flickr

16169376289_67e36105b7_b.jpg
Pacific Rowers 2 by clearbluesky44, on Flickr

Great shot, Don.

And the rowers seem crazy, but I'm sure they've worked all the math out. After reading about the Essex (whaling ship that inspired Moby Dick) I don't think I could be too cavalier about it.

Thanks, and I agree those rowers seem like they may be crazy. That boat does not look like it is a vessel to take on such a long and potentially dangerous trip.

Great shot, Don.

And the rowers seem crazy, but I'm sure they've worked all the math out. After reading about the Essex (whaling ship that inspired Moby Dick) I don't think I could be too cavalier about it.

Richard, thanks so much for that link. They're an impressive crew. I take my hat off to them for their courage and determination and surely hope their trip is both safe and successful. I hope you'll remind us about their trip/adventure. Personally, I am much to much of a "wimp" to ever even consider such a thing - plus I could never physically do it...nor mentally. Here's to the team!:drinks: (Nice picture too!)

Back