Stroll Seen while strolling...walking and wandering outside

2365FFD7-6240-4DA1-9635-367B3A2C7288.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Any ideas of what we're dealing with? I'm not an arachnophile (as if that needed being said ...)

M.

What bilzmale said.

The huntsman spiders are not aggressive and generally mind their own business. In fact they help keep pest bugs under control, so they're very good to have around. If I see one or two around the house, I usually leave them alone. They come and go as they please. One of them had babies last year, I noticed a whole bunch of tiny huntsmans running around around the ceiling. They all dispersed on their own very soon though, off to find their own way in life.

The only time I catch and move them outside is if one comes too close to the bed when I'm ready to go to sleep. The thought of one running across my face while I'm asleep is still a pants-wetting thought. I used to absolutely fear them when I was younger and I would kill them as soon as I see one around the house. But I now just leave them alone, or go a very long way to catch and release if absolutely necessary.

This one hung around for a few months a couple of years ago:

27154706489_f465b913c7_h.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I'll have to agree with Bill and James on the matter of the Huntsman spider. I leave mine to roam about and do the job they came inside to do... dispense with other small spiders, insects etc, and yes, they wander off back outside when they have run out of resources. I did have one which produced hundreds of babies in my wardrobe (closet) and whilst I normally leave them be, baby huntsmen running across my wall, bed and pillows when I woke... was too much. I was forced to fumigate the room. I hated having to clean up their tiny bodies when I got home from work, it was very sad. But, needs must.

Back