Stroll Seen while strolling...walking and wandering outside

PGX90317.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

M.

I can't remember if I posted these before. It just so happens to be in keeping with the spider theme.

I almost walked into this pebble hanging about above the decking outside the house a while ago:

32945403974_5cd1e2885b_h.jpg

I followed it up:

32945405034_cf5685aff7_h.jpg

33659038931_f804c36ec7_h.jpg

The pebble was acting as an anchor for this web:

33747655156_8f1953a6c8_h.jpg

So that means there's an intelligent spider-engineer around somewhere. I went to get a chair to stand on so I can follow the web to the other anchor points:

32945403924_13e4b4aa5a_h.jpg

And found the little thing sleeping:

32975402163_5fbde324e9_h.jpg

33403925330_80d15d2924_h.jpg

I can't remember if I posted these before. It just so happens to be in keeping with the spider theme.

I almost walked into this pebble hanging about above the decking outside the house a while ago:

I followed it up:

The pebble was acting as an anchor for this web:

So that means there's an intelligent spider-engineer around somewhere. I went to get a chair to stand on so I can follow the web to the other anchor points:

And found the little thing sleeping:
I guess "little" is relative in Australia, eh? I just watched a slide show yesterday on the world's deadliest snakes, and a bunch of them were from Down Under. Throw in the spiders, and I get the creeps just thinking about it. I guess that's just part of daily life for you folks? Or is the danger of your many critters overhyped for sensationalism? Just curious.

I guess "little" is relative in Australia, eh? I just watched a slide show yesterday on the world's deadliest snakes, and a bunch of them were from Down Under. Throw in the spiders, and I get the creeps just thinking about it. I guess that's just part of daily life for you folks? Or is the danger of your many critters overhyped for sensationalism? Just curious.

But it literally was little. It was about the size of my thumbnail. The other spider I posted earlier in this thread was about the size of the palm of my hand.

Back