Stroll Seen while strolling...walking and wandering outside

Richtung Hoxberg.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
auf der Bank.jpg

This is a local landmark. I think its real name is Quarry Wood Hall, but it's known locally as the Cardboard Castle. I don't care for it much, which is why I've never taken a picture of it before. The other reason is that it's normally half-covered in scaffold. It's not as old as it looks and it's not particularly well-built either - the concrete rendering seems to come away from the walls a lot. It's currently subdivided into apartments for rent, I believe.

The trees in the background are part of Quarry Wood, thought to be the inspiration for The Wild Wood in Kenneth Grahame's 'The Wind in the Willows' - it was where Badger lived.

-R

cardboard castle.jpg

What do you see when you stroll to the end of a small dead-end rural lane?
Reflectors, of course - to warn nocturnal drivers they need to slow down or stop.
But in the daytime, they look like....sentinels, of a very thin race of sentient robots.

GRD_3_Reflectors(AnalEfex).jpg

Well, that's one interpretation, anyway ;)

P4212925.jpg
P4212959.jpg
P4212921.jpg

Took the Olympus E-P2 out for a walk. Hard to believe it has been 10 years that I've owned a pair of these. One is "stock", the second is full-spectrum converted. This one is stock.

Panagor 55/3 Macro-Lens, same as the Vivitar 55/2.8. This lens goes to 1:1 focus, is very sharp- and at $30, a bargain.

Back