Stroll Seen while strolling...walking and wandering outside

LM103415.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

M.

i think its ok now
I think it is indeed better, but the sky portions still look very bright and washed out - like blown highlights, to be honest. That said, partly, that's a Leica thing - you need to be careful with their way of balancing lights and shadows, especially in JPEGs; it certainly pays to ETTR (expose to the right - of the histogram; check for over-exposure) or work from RAW, but generally, even in RAW files, highlight recovery tends to be pretty limited on Leica bodies, even the M series.

The CL might let you set up zebras or other ways of checking for over-exposure in the EVF or on the LCD. Again, the lens (and the sensor) seem to deliver great detail and very nice, smooth balance throughout the image, but it all still looks pretty "hot" to me.

Here's a little recipe that I've exploited in the past: Try using -0.7 EV on bright days - and use shadow recovery in post. You protect your highlights better, and Leica files respond very well (smoothly, with little noise) to boosting shadows.

M.

I think it is indeed better, but the sky portions still look very bright and washed out - like blown highlights, to be honest. That said, partly, that's a Leica thing - you need to be careful with their way of balancing lights and shadows, especially in JPEGs; it certainly pays to ETTR (expose to the right - of the histogram; check for over-exposure) or work from RAW, but generally, even in RAW files, highlight recovery tends to be pretty limited on Leica bodies, even the M series.

The CL might let you set up zebras or other ways of checking for over-exposure in the EVF or on the LCD. Again, the lens (and the sensor) seem to deliver great detail and very nice, smooth balance throughout the image, but it all still looks pretty "hot" to me.

Here's a little recipe that I've exploited in the past: Try using -0.7 EV on bright days - and use shadow recovery in post. You protect your highlights better, and Leica files respond very well (smoothly, with little noise) to boosting shadows.

M.
Thanks a lot,will see what i can do.regards Herby

Back