Stroll Seen while strolling...walking and wandering outside

2021-09-25 (Sat) 21-13-04.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I passed this demonstration this morning near the Capitol in Washington DC. The protesters were a mixed group of climate activsits and native Americans.

P1050107.jpg

P1050110.jpg

Their big banner was very creative. I liked this one of the stranded polar bear waching the ice cap melt.

P1050113.jpg

There were quite a few police around but mostly these guys on bikes. It was all very non-violent and non-confrontational, though apparently there was a more confrontational protest yesterday at the Department of Interior building. A few of the protesters sat down in the road and were gently removed by the police but made no attempt to reblock the road.

P1050116.jpg

P1050120.jpg

I think this says stop Line 3, an oil pipeline that runs across indigenous land in Minnesota, though from what I read the pipeline is already finished and carrying oil.

P1050122.jpg

These guys were drumming and chanting or singing.

Wow, I didnt know they had moved in over there… did they fly across the ditch?
Apparently Australian coots reached New Zealand many times before they actually established, with at least nine records between 1875 and 1957. However, it wasn’t until 1958 that the first eggs and chicks were seen. They would have flown but been greatly assisted by the prevailing winds. They are one of a number of bird species that have migrated from Australia to NZ probably as “windblown stragglers”.

Back