Stroll Seen while strolling...walking and wandering outside

View attachment 305177

View attachment 305178

From the same roll as earlier this week. Without the photographers.
Leica IIIc, 5cm f/2.5 Hektor, Fomapan 100
I nice, classic look on both sets. I used to have a Leica iiib that was fun to use. The 3.5 50mm that came with it had problems, so I got a Summicron from the early 50's. The camera is gone, but I couldn't part with the summicron.

It's been a while since I strolled around the university area with a camera. Here are a few inconsequential shots of things that nonetheless caught my eye. The shot of the bookstore is not especially good, but it is one of the few independent bookstores that survives, that was here 30 years ago when I moved to New Mexico. I don't know how Laura keeps it going, but I'm glad she does.

All shot with the Hexanon 40mm f1.8, usually at f8. Nice lens, but there were some tight spots where I wished I'd had a little more wiggle room with a 35mm. But you work with what you have:
it was my choice to go out with one body and one prime lens.

DSC07368.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
DSC07372.jpg
DSC07373.jpg
DSC07376.jpg

Last edited:
On the sides of a very good Ayurvedic restaurant and cooking school. The haze correction function in Lightroom was amazing correcting the flare from shooting into the setting sun on the stitched shot of the mural. I was able to deal with the rest in Photoshop. If you are ever in Albuquerque, it's kitchari is consoling and warming on a cold winter day, and just wonderful on any other day.
DSC07380-Edit.jpg
DSC07386.jpg

Hexanon 40mm f1.8 for both pictures.

Last edited:
Back