Stroll Seen while strolling...walking and wandering outside

P4240099.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
P4240095.JPG
P4240096.JPG

All with the TTartisans 23/1.4 set to 2m at f5.6.

Very cool, showing the way the thatching looks up close, for those of us who never see such things.
Thank you John. We have a lot of thatched cottages in our village, many of which were built and paid for by Oliver Cromwell to reward some of his officers after the end of the English Civil War. They are all lived in and well maintained, even though the thatch needs to have another layer put on top every 25 or so years.
If anyone is interested I would be pleased to post photos I have taken over the 40 years I have lived here!

Thank you John. We have a lot of thatched cottages in our village, many of which were built and paid for by Oliver Cromwell to reward some of his officers after the end of the English Civil War. They are all lived in and well maintained, even though the thatch needs to have another layer put on top every 25 or so years.
If anyone is interested I would be pleased to post photos I have taken over the 40 years I have lived here!

Thanks for the offer...please do.

This pedestrian determinedly ruined my perfect (well maybe not) shot
Oh yes she saw me in the middle of the road lining it up... just strode on defiantly

View attachment 306263
Photobombed by the all-important me-me-me ... Happens all the time. The composition still works - the wall's giving her the evil eye ...

M.

This pedestrian determinedly ruined my perfect (well maybe not) shot
Oh yes she saw me in the middle of the road lining it up... just strode on defiantly

I think the sheer number of people photographing these days with mobile phones has changed how people behave. There are times when it just isn't possible to be considerate because if you were you wouldn't be able to move anywhere. The fact that a lot of people are also shooting video has an impact too. There's a difference between waitng a couple of seconds while someone takes a photograph and waiting however long while someone shoots a video.

On the basis of making a virtue of a necessity I now sometimes look out for these kinds of pictures by lining up the shot and waiting for someone to knowingly or unknowingly walk through it. As with your shot it can often work well. While most people aren't being deliberately obnoxious it is gratifying when the ones that are don't realise that they are actually contributing to getting the picture you want rather than spoiling your shot!

Here's one recent one of mine with a passing runner who wasn't prepared to go round me.

DSC01206.jpg

Last edited:
Back