Stroll Seen while strolling...walking and wandering outside

Spotted this while out today. Thought it was a bit early for BBQ and it didn't smell like chicken. A transformer fire was putting out the BTUs by the time I came across it. I'm told it made a rather loud boom and produced a mushroom cloud. I'm glad I didn't see or hear any of that because my training as a child would have had me immediately dive under my desk. Since I was driving and didn't have a desk I would have been at a loss as to what to do.
transformer fire.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

But fortunately, we a blessed with people who know exactly what to do in an emergency. They call those people 'supervisors' and they give them blue hats to wear so we know immediately who they are. In this case, clearly the best response is to take pictures of it. Having arrived on the scene moments earlier, that is amazingly the same course of action I chose, yet I never went to one of their safety meetings. Sometimes I suppose lucky guesses win the day.

transformer fire supervisor.JPG

Is this what they mean by "fly fishing" ?
I don't know much about fishing but it's the first time I've seen people using a drone to drop bait far out at sea
Seen at Glencairn beach earlier this week

Web 1500_FUJX1163 Drone used by fisherman over sea.jpg

On its way out and it dropped the bait far out in deeper waters

WB_FUJX1169 Drone used by fisherman over sea.jpg

Incoming! after release

Web 1500_FUJX1178 Drone used by fisherman.jpg

Safe return to shore

Web 1500_FUJX1162 Drone used by fisherman over sea.jpg

Back