Stroll Seen while strolling...walking and wandering outside

viral tests
P1049005.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
P1049006.jpg

@Juggernaut
You’re doing a really fine job of documenting your city during the pandemic. Do you expect to put this collection together into a large display or some sort of book?
Once it'd occurred to me that this could be the rare opportunity of videography/photography documenting "ghost-town-like" metropolitan city of Shanghai, and soon know I am not an exception out of more than 26 million people who are confined in hundreds residential compounds and have nowhere to go. I've watched a couple of video clips through social media though, obviously someone managed to fly drones, filming the city in fragmental way. The videos show scenes are pretty shock: weeds have shot out from the expansion joint of pavement tiles; stray dogs and cats wander around in front of closed gates of subway station; algae turns rivers and ponds into lush "green" due to lack of maintenance; streets are almost covered with fallen branches and and leaves...:(
It's taken almost 40 years and blood and sweat efforts of billion of Chinese to have turned the shabby-looking rudimentary country into a decent one in the world, however it wouldn't need to take four months to throw it back to 4 decades ago, in case this was to remain unchanged.

Once it'd occurred to me that this could be the rare opportunity of videography/photography documenting "ghost-town-like" metropolitan city of Shanghai, and soon know I am not an exception out of more than 26 million people who are confined in hundreds residential compounds and have nowhere to go. I've watched a couple of video clips through social media though, obviously someone managed to fly drones, filming the city in fragmental way. The videos show scenes are pretty shock: weeds have shot out from the expansion joint of pavement tiles; stray dogs and cats wander around in front of closed gates of subway station; algae turns rivers and ponds into lush "green" due to lack of maintenance; streets are almost covered with fallen branches and and leaves...:(
It's taken almost 40 years and blood and sweat efforts of billion of Chinese to have turned the shabby-looking rudimentary country into a decent one in the world, however it wouldn't need to take four months to throw it back to 4 decades ago, in case this was to remain unchanged.

That is so sad to hear. I visited in 2010, and while the language barrier was difficult, it is one of the most memorable times of my life.

bee cherry blossom (3)-DeNoiseAI-clear.jpg

I never know where to put shots like this.

Show Trees? (Cherry tree)
Show Flowers? (Cherry Blossom)
Show Insects? (Bee)
Show Processed beyond recognition? (Faststone-Windows 10- Topaz-Windows 10 again)

Oh well, I guess I'll drop it here, because I was walking at the time.

Perhaps we should have a thread...Show Images Edited While Sitting.

Haumoana.

Just fishing, Cape Kidnappers in distance.

P5140001 Haumoana just fishing.jpg

Lagoon area:
P5140004 Haumoana lagoon.jpg

10 shot pano
P5140013 Haumoana 10-Pano.jpg

P5140014 haumoana moon rising over lagoon.jpg

The area between where I was standing, and the little island remnant, was until a few months ago, all grassy bank!

P5140016 Haumoana tufted grassy mount remnant from erosion.jpg

Back