Stroll Seen while strolling...walking and wandering outside

German Village area in Columbus, Ohio

09-14-2022_gv_street_zfc_DSC_3613.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

09-14-2022_gv_street_zfc_DSC_3614-Edit.jpg

09-14-2022_gv_street_zfc_DSC_3617-Edit-2.jpg

The Cigar Store Indian, advertising from a time gone by has been replaced, rather cleverly, by a local Cigar Bar in town. I've been driving by this statue for a few years and finally got out this morning to snap a couple of profiles. One of these nights, preferably rainy, I'm going to head down there and do a night color version, hopefully catching some neon and tail lights.
nolans cigar bar statue sepia (3).JPG

nolans cigar bar statue opposite sepia (3).JPG

The Cigar Store Indian, advertising from a time gone by has been replaced, rather cleverly, by a local Cigar Bar in town. I've been driving by this statue for a few years and finally got out this morning to snap a couple of profiles. One of these nights, preferably rainy, I'm going to head down there and do a night color version, hopefully catching some neon and tail lights.
View attachment 336194

View attachment 336196
Is sephia in there, there is a thread for monochrome, and sephia. It would fit nicely there. Not all but your fav.

Matt, there must be an interesting story behind this image. Are they building, or perhaps rebuilding, an ancient wall that has fallen into disrepair?
I actually talked with the owner about it (we were camping on the fields beyond the wall): It's an old field boundary being replaced, so, nothing fancy, but an ancient technique being upheld. No mortar or similar material is used - just stacked stones. This is one of two walls marking the outer boundaries of his pastures - much more durable than fences (which are still used to further sub-divide the available area), especially at an altitude of 1300 metres.

M.

Back