Stroll Seen while strolling...walking and wandering outside

_DSC0062.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

OVI02797.JPG

On my way to work, this morning, someone was sitting almost like a statue on the side of the road in the rain, it was quite interesting to see that level of stillness that almost matched the street lamp :p

OVI02838.JPG

I didn't realise this but, today, I saw the worst flooding I have seen in this area (and I've lived here since 2018) and the river is more than a few meters higher than its riverbed. Those trees were not supposed to be in the middle of the water.

OVI02841.JPG

The whole farm field has turned into a lake, it's not safe to cross the dog/footpath at all.

OVI02846.JPG

During the winter that field is filled with sheep and cows for grazing but they had to move the sheep onto the hills above the river area.

OVI02864-Edit.JPG

This is one of my favourite pictures in quite some time. I'm not sure why but finding a kid's bike abandoned under a thick canopy of bushes and thorns and parked right in front of a fence that separates a factory's private loading area and the public footpath seems so intriguing to me.
(Maybe it's the colourful nature of the bike just popping out next to the rusted fence and green vegetation or maybe it's the symbolism of leaving childish things behind and forgetting them in a corner of the world that is only revealed a few times a year before being swallowed whole by nature and life ... or maybe I'm just overthinking things, as I seem to be doing quite a lot lately).

Back