Stroll Seen while strolling...walking and wandering outside

2022-09-05 (Mon) 15-47-35.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 357606
Coming out of A&E at Musgrove Hospital after waiting for 7 hours I had to roam Taunton for an hour because the first bus was at 06:11 to go home on a Saturday morning, so it was unusually quiet and empty.

View attachment 357607
And the weather was absolutely delightful, the wind was literally pushing me around, and the rain was so heavy I think my soul got wet. I had my camera aimed downward most of the time and I was holding the camera with the bottom of my hand to keep the rain from gathering up on the viewfinder and the back screen.

View attachment 357608
I am so, pleasantly, surprised that the camera managed to capture the light glint off the wet trees. I had my shutter speed at a reasonable 1/30th of a sec because I didn't trust the IBIS with my tiredness, I was awake for 25 hours at that point with half of those I was at work, to get a sharp image.

View attachment 357609
I was a bit sad that I got raindrops on the lens but after this image, I was pretty diligent after that and I managed to keep the lens dry, I love night shots and I love rain shots so having both of these together I couldn't ignore such an opportunity.

View attachment 357611
It was the first time I'd been in Taunton at that hour so seeing it this empty was quite awesome.

View attachment 357614
It was very very dark but I was quite intrigued by getting the green reflection of a street signal light.

View attachment 357616
None of the images has any noise reduction (usually Topaz DeNoise AI) pass because it struggles to tell texture apart at high ISO, it would smear the rain texture, and blur the shadows and the sky.

View attachment 357621
Just wanted to get the blue light between the two yellow and white lights ... and I am quite happy with how it came out, both the reflections and the street lights.

View attachment 357624
I wouldn't go shopping at TESCO in any weather :p

View attachment 357625
Why did the rubbish cross the road? Well, it was cleaner on the other side.

View attachment 357626
My path is clear-ly wet.

View attachment 357630
The dramatic superhero pose.

View attachment 357631
One of the more busy intersections is dead quiet, filled with light and reflections.

View attachment 357632
Different kind of dedication? Running through the rain ... running from the rain, who's doing which?

View attachment 357633
Up the (shadow-y) stairs.

View attachment 357634
Waiting for the next party, maybe Friday night got cut short?

View attachment 357636
It does look very welcoming to sit down.

View attachment 357637
The old (13th century) school turn into a matrimony office.

View attachment 357638
I would rather be in there than out here.

View attachment 357639
The magic portal is open only at night.
Absolutely killer shots each and every one!

Back