Selective Color

Iansky

All-Pro
Dec 8, 2011
Cotswolds, UK
That works for me Eric,

I have also used selective colour but not a big fan - it does however work as long as the item with colour is part of the main focal point of the image.

Nice job.

BBW

Administrator Emeritus
Jul 7, 2010
betwixt and between
BB
I really do like your use of the color in this quite a lot - Eric Carle's illustrations call out for color and the juxtaposition with your daughter's love mass of curls and the designs of the things around her work beautifully with this book's cover in blue.

I'm going to make this a sticky thread so that others might add their "selective color" photos here, if they'd like. I look forward to seeing more from you, too, Eric.

ean10775

All-Pro
Feb 13, 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
Eric
Thanks BBW. Its not a look I usually go for, but as you said, the illustration was what make me consider it for this particular shot.

I also like the idea of making themed sticky threads so we're all not posting one-offs for every set of images we shoot. My intent here was for this to be a thread for anyone that wanted to post selective color shots, not just to show mine, so thank you.

Oct 20, 2012
The Netherlands
Ad Dieleman
I was aiming to highlight my wife's potted plant, but failed to realize how much red is in the bricks on our home and the wood door and framing. I'm not good enough with PP software to use layer masks to select only certain areas for processing.

View attachment 182931
Works for me, it's a peculiar and strangely attractive combination of fierce reds and a lot of grey tones, including the two grey cats.

davect01

Hall of Famer
I was aiming to highlight my wife's potted plant, but failed to realize how much red is in the bricks on our home and the wood door and framing. I'm not good enough with PP software to use layer masks to select only certain areas for processing.

View attachment 182931
Actually kind of works. I am normally not a fan of selective color, but the bricks add a nice layer.

My only suggestion would be to fix the doorknob and call it good/

Latest threads

Top Bottom