Ricoh Sell X100 and buy Ricoh GRD IV? Your Take?

Telling her about it was probably your first mistake...

True! :D

It doesn't really work with my wife as she seems to have a highly developed sixth sense for any electronics or camera purchases. My plan for the OM-D is to build a small pyramid (cardboard, gaffer tape, matte black spray paint) on top of my E-P3's hotshoe. I will gradually increase the height of the pyramid until it is the same time height as the E-M5's just in time for my preorder to ship. I think I can then swap in the E-M5!

True! :D

It doesn't really work with my wife as she seems to have a highly developed sixth sense for any electronics or camera purchases. My plan for the OM-D is to build a small pyramid (cardboard, gaffer tape, matte black spray paint) on top of my E-P3's hotshoe. I will gradually increase the height of the pyramid until it is the same time height as the E-M5's just in time for my preorder to ship. I think I can then swap in the E-M5!

Genius!! Except I don't have an EP3. So I'll use the EP2 instead!

The fujifilm x100 is a piece of art. It looks nice and trendy. The GRD IV is a serious tool for street shooters and has been throughout the GRD history. People who argue for the x100, in my opinion, are just trying to justify their $1200. It attracts too much attention, has a 'digital' IQ and is often slower. The GRD is lightening fast, (and had snap focus) and also has a signature IQ that you cannot find elsewhere.

I would never part with the GRD IV or street shooting unless I somehow could afford an M9 all of a sudden.

I don't have an x100 any longer, but the IQ/file quality this camera produces is among the finest of aps-c sensor cameras. I'm a fan of Ricoh cameras and always had one since the GX100 and presently a GRDIII and GRX are in my bag. However, IQ wise the X100 runs circles around the GRD IV, and it does so "blindfolded, one legged and fully drunk", it's a different league. Maybe you confused the X100 with the smaller sensor X10? Though even the latter one has a superior sensor and better IQ when compared to the GRDIV.

This morning just before noon, an earthquake was recorded on the seismometer at the weather station near my house. It coincided with my wife's opening the door to receive a certain package from the FedEx delivery person....:eek::D

We had an earthquake in Houston??

Caused by the arrival of the X10? :)

Back