Fuji Sensor cleaning - which setting

Hi,

please keep in mind I am new to Fujifilm: with my new Baby X-T1 I can set up the sensor cleaning to "when swichting on" and "after swichting of" or both. What do you think is usefull? Everytime? Just once?
When (actually) not changing a lens (cause I just have only ONE) is it generally necessary or "overdone" of using both setups for cleaning?

Thx for your support,

iFranky

I've generally just set it to happen when turning the camera off. When turning it on, that extra second or two might be the difference between getting and missing a shot. I don't find much of an issue with dust on mirrorless cameras, and the self-cleaning modes seem to be all that I've ever needed. This should be doubly true if you don't switch lenses. I just spent some time with a Nikon full frame DSLR and dust management is anywhere from a minor to a major concern with all that air moving around with that flapping mirror. For a Fuji setup, just doing it on power-down should be more than sufficient, particularly with just one lens!

-Ray

Thx a lot Ray. And what about completely turning it of? When not changing lenses there won't be any dust. Or is that nonsense?

Probably not much dust, but there's no harm in leaving it on. But I guess if you feel like it's interfering with your shooting, you could just turn it off and invoke it manually via the menus as often as you felt necessary. I don't think there's a right or wrong answer...

-Ray

Back