September view.

Mike G

All-Pro
Name
Mike Gorman
A view across the street from my front door.
LUMIX G9 + 25mm 1.4 Summilux @ 1/640 f5.6 ISO200
9E4FB075-83ED-4E28-AFA3-BFEA5D5F4FF4.jpeg

I worked on Saturdays at a local petrol station forecourt as a young man. I remember a Jag' (Mk10?) coming on to the forecourt. The driver asked me to fill her up. I did so, and told him I had finished. He then said I had only half filled it. Seeing the puzzled expression on my face he pointed to the other tank on the other side of the car. That car must have really sucked on the fuel pipes!

I worked on Saturdays at a local petrol station forecourt as a young man. I remember a Jag' (Mk10?) coming on to the forecourt. The driver asked me to fill her up. I did so, and told him I had finished. He then said I had only half filled it. Seeing the puzzled expression on my face he pointed to the other tank on the other side of the car. That car must have really sucked on the fuel pipes!
Yep, I remember when us naughty teenagers in the 1980s decided to take one of our parents' beemah for a drive while she was away. So as to cover our tracks, we thought it wise to all chip in 10 quid each (30 pounds) to refill the petrol to where it was when we started - the guage didn't even move.

Back