Serious Compact - Prime Lens - Suggestions?

Hope this helps.
It does indeed Miquel. Whilst I may have resolved the "need" aspect of my initial inquiry there is still the matter of the "that would nice" to play with aspect and so I will keep an eye out for a serious compact to purchase. I think I have narrowed my options to an Ricoh or Fuji X70 as my first preferences but if a Nikon Coolpix A comes up or other options at an affordable price I will give them a go for sure.

Everyone's comments have been most helpful and informative and hence much appreciated.

It does indeed Miquel. Whilst I may have resolved the "need" aspect of my initial inquiry there is still the matter of the "that would nice" to play with aspect and so I will keep an eye out for a serious compact to purchase. I think I have narrowed my options to an Ricoh or Fuji X70 as my first preferences but if a Nikon Coolpix A comes up or other options at an affordable price I will give them a go for sure.

Everyone's comments have been most helpful and informative and hence much appreciated.
Keep an eye on Ryda. They had a Coolpix A for around $620 but it went pretty quick. I didnt consider it because at that price it should have been new but it was a refurb.

I did a quick look too and did not find many for sale, most the ones I saw were in the $500-600 range...

If you are patient, they turn up occasionally on eBay for approximately $300 to $350, sometimes slightly more with extras (like extra batteries and, on occasion, with a 28mm OVF finder, which tend to be pricey and not really necessary but still fun to own).

They can be found. Incidentally there are a lot more Ricoh GR's showing up, for what I would also have to call very reasonable ($300-450) prices. Used Fujifilm x70's in good shape also show up, but as they are newer and have more bells & whistles (the tilting touch-screen for starters), their pricing seems to be higher.

This has been an interesting thread, Andrew. I find it thought-provoking how the same cameras are seen differently by forum members. Thanks for kicking it off.

Back