Feedback Serious Compacts Hacked

I see "reply with quote" works now after the maintenance. Not sure what other functions were broken post-hack that have been restored. Should we list issues here as we discover them or is there still fixing going on?

for the mere mortals, that may be true....I haven't found any functions broken. But my cape is not working. I can not edit posts...there are no check boxes for group moderating deletes, etc. and I think the ban hammer is no workie, too. No biggie...I can sit on the sidelines. But if you need anyone to do some virtual beatdowns, I need my cape.

It occurs to me that some of the recent apparently pointless spams may have been "probes".

Just a thought ...

Total non-sequitor brought on by your signature about the "illusion of the truthfulness of photography." Have you seen the 1993 Dutch film "The Forbidden Quest" that mixes archival documentary footage with black and white film shot for the movie to tell a story that turns out to be one of Edgar Allan Poe's science fiction tales?

for the mere mortals, that may be true....I haven't found any functions broken. But my cape is not working. I can not edit posts...there are no check boxes for group moderating deletes, etc. and I think the ban hammer is no workie, too. No biggie...I can sit on the sidelines. But if you need anyone to do some virtual beatdowns, I need my cape.

Is it all working now?

Sorry Amin... any admin with enough time in the game has had a site or two broken into. Been there done that a time or two with my own domains and I know it's a huge pain in the rear - and always for such stupid reasons too.

Roll back if you need to, it's often really hard to be sure everything is clean so do what you need to do, thanks for the heads up here and at FujiXSpot.

I had to get rid of vBSEO as part of the whole improving security business since the developer of vBSEO has basically abandoned that product. That led to the changes Pavel mentioned. Should also improve site performance a bit.

Back