Serious Compacts Podcast 3: Interview with Ray (Ray Sachs)

Thanks for all the kind comments about the podcast. None of us have any experience doing this sort of thing. Armando asked great questions which led to a lot of great information.

Another great interview. I loved Ray's answer to Armando's question of "do you believe in cropping?": "I don't believe in rules" (y) Putting the final image above the purity of the process. Nice one, Ray. I also enjoyed the discussion about compositional streetshooting and reactive streetshooting. Great work, guys.

I loved that one and also Armando and Ray both keeping it real for all us gearheads. Ray nailed it:
I look at it as two completely separate hobbies. There's photography, and then there's cameras.

Thanks for the new episode.

I listened to the entire episode, without losing the thread at any point. That's rare - I love the idea of podcasts, but few hold my attention. A couple of things make these ones great for me. First, it's great getting to know people I have 'met' online. The content and the flow work really well. The interviewers are genuinely curious and knowledgeable, which means the conversation keeps flowing. One subject leads to another, and so on - just like good writing.

Anyway, great stuff.

I enjoyed the podcast, Serious Compacts is moving towards the top of my Podcast Playlist. FYI Louis Mendez can often be found in front of B&H Photo during the warmer months of the year. I have photographed him there and he has photographed me but I don't want to muck up this post with that.

Thanks again Amin, Armanius and Ray!

Back