Serious Compacts Podcast 9: Streetshooter and Olivier Duong of 'Inspired Eye' Magazine

Amin

Hall of Famer
In Episode 9 of the SeriousCompacts podcast, Ray and I had the pleasure of talking to former SC and Mu-43 admin Don Springer (aka Streetshooter)and Olivier Duong about their collaboration to create Inspired Eye as well as some of the other projects they've been working on these days.

Some of the works we refer to during the podcast:
-Inspired Eye, Don and Olivier's multimedia website/magazine: Street Photography Magazine
-Don and Olivier's presets for Lightroom and Silver Efex: Street Photography Presets
-Don's writings at Streetshooter.net: Streetshooter
-Olivier's f-stopeight.com website: Street Photography Blog

For the second time, we have both video and audio versions of the podcast. Unfortunately we lost Don about 22 minutes into the podcast and there were some silent periods as I worked (unsuccessfully) to get him back. The audio version is edited to take out those silent bits.
Video:
Audio: http://media.seriouscompacts.com.s3.amazonaws.com/SCP-0009.mp3

Podcast subscription options (audio only):
Subscribe in iTunes*
Subscribe in another podcast client

fantastic.
Don embodies thoughtful photography, and his work is so much more than just "street".
Anybody and everybody can learn from Don.

I finally had a chance to watch the whole thing. Too bad about the tech glitch, but hopefully it will expose some more people to that excellent magazine. I look forward every month to it arriving in my inbox. It usually takes me a whole day to wade through the "magazine". Keep up the great work, guys.

How do you download/transfer the mag onto an iPad? I subscribed and downloaded the PDF on my iMac but would like to see it on my iPad in the comfort of my comfy chair! :)

Hey Amin, this was a great podcast, despite Don's getting blocked and technology taking over. ha.

You should do more podcasts like these!. And yes, you said my last name correct. :)

keep up the great work :clap2:

What can go wrong will go wrong :), but it was great to still be able to hear some of the philosophy behind Olivier and Don's magazine.

More than a few people from here have been able to contribute to it which is cool to see.

Back