SeriousCompacts.com is now PhotographersLounge.org

I see I can't connect via Tapatalk any longer so I presume that that means of access has been abandoned completely now?

I know you were planning to do so anyway

No, that was unintentional. I will fix it. No plans to drop Tapatalk support anytime soon.

Ok thanks, thats good news; i must have misunderstood

I think what I said was that I'd be continuing Tapatalk support for now, and that was interpreted as me having plans to get rid of it soon. I don't have plans to get rid of it unless it becomes a big burden in terms of effort, cost, or security risk.

Should be fixed now but you probably have to re-add it under the new name.

Whoahey! That went quick! PL (I feel no need to wait with abbreviating as the site and I go back 4 years now, new name or not ;) ) was one of my favorites, so I'm glad you went with this one.

On my tablet, for a reason I don't understand, clicking on any thread title gets me a white screen with nothing else (the url is showing in the browser but the page remains all white). The tablet loads the regular/desktop/whatever browser version, not the mobile layout (was the same with SC, and I want it to be that way, except for the non-loading threads part ;) ).

All seems to work fine on my laptop.

Hmmm... I liked the idea of serious compacts. My preferred type of camera and a place where I knew I could discuss them. Amin, what about a Serious Compacts forum within this site for us serious compact types. And why not just start a new forum instead of changing Serious Compacts? Presumably you still own the domain for Serious Compacts? I'm not necessarily a creature of habit, but I'll still come here for serious and not so serious discussion re: compact, capable cameras. I'm very, um, focused on that topic. And I never felt inhibited about discussing other cameras.

GASP!
i dont know WHAT yer talking about
i have a VERY serious login name, and this is a VERY serious post, and i am a VERY serious person... seriously!

;D

Hmmm... I liked the idea of serious compacts. My preferred type of camera and a place where I knew I could discuss them. Amin, what about a Serious Compacts forum within this site for us serious compact types. And why not just start a new forum instead of changing Serious Compacts? Presumably you still own the domain for Serious Compacts? I'm not necessarily a creature of habit, but I'll still come here for serious and not so serious discussion re: compact, capable cameras. I'm very, um, focused on that topic. And I never felt inhibited about discussing other cameras.

I'll second that suggestion. I think we actually needed that in the old days (yesterday) of SC - a catch-all forum in addition to the specific options for every brand and variation. Seems even more appropriate now that the focus is officially off of SCs.

Wouldn't "Open Gear Talk" or "the Watering Hole" continue to serve those same types of purposes? At least, to the extent they ever have? Really, the only thing that's changed other than the forum name and description of the name change is that there are 2-3 more forums under the interchangeable lens camera category - one each for Canon, Nikon, and Pentax DSLRs. People have talked about that stuff anyway - now it's just a bit clearer that it's OK. There's no less opportunity to talk about any and every other camera and type of camera - it's just that those three DSLR systems are more overtly mentioned.

I personally don't anticipate much difference here. I fully understand and support Amin's desire to and reasons for changing the name. No need to be so serious about compacts these days, now that nearly everyone understands how capable they are and how many options there are withinthe compact camera world. And "serious" never really described the place very well anyway, well Eliot excepted (because he's VERY serious)! ;) But other than the name change and adding a few more specific ILC specific forums, I doubt much will change...

-Ray

Good bye!
Enough generalist photo forums in the Internet, no need for another one, already spending too much time to filter the sales announcements having nothing compact related ...

Amin, what about a Serious Compacts forum within this site for us serious compact types.

Hi Andrew, what do you mean? The forum index has hardly changed, and the great majority of our subforums are still for compacts. You mean another site altogether?

Back