Feedback Server Errors Cross-Posting Using BB Code of Image

I still can't upload photos, I always get:
The following error occurred
Security error occurred. Please press back, refresh the page, and try again.
I'm sorry to hear you're still having an issue. I've been trying to recreate this one but so far no luck. Using both Chrome on Win10 and Chrome on Android I've tried uploading images to a post as an attachment, as a response to an existing thread, and uploading it to the Gallery, all with no errors so far.

Could you please let me know a little bit about the system you're on... the OS & version (Windows, Android, iOS, Mac, Linux, etc.), what browser & version you're using, and what type of image you're trying to upload (jpg, png, gif, or something else). Once I see where it's happening & under what conditions then it should be easy enough to fix.

I'm sorry to hear you're still having an issue. I've been trying to recreate this one but so far no luck. Using both Chrome on Win10 and Chrome on Android I've tried uploading images to a post as an attachment, as a response to an existing thread, and uploading it to the Gallery, all with no errors so far.

Could you please let me know a little bit about the system you're on... the OS & version (Windows, Android, iOS, Mac, Linux, etc.), what browser & version you're using, and what type of image you're trying to upload (jpg, png, gif, or something else). Once I see where it's happening & under what conditions then it should be easy enough to fix.

I'm on Windows 10, using Microsoft Edge (42.17134.1.0) as browser. Files I tried to upload are jpg situated on my home network (WDMycloud disk linked to a router).
Thanks

I'm on Windows 10, using Microsoft Edge (42.17134.1.0) as browser. Files I tried to upload are jpg situated on my home network (WDMycloud disk linked to a router).
Thanks
FYI that I'm still trying to duplicate this one. My Win10 laptop is running Edge 44.17763.1.0 and so far I can't get a 'security error' when trying to upload to either a post or the gallery; I've tried uploading from directly from my local hard drive and from my networked Synology SAN server. I've been able to get errors for file sizes being too large and for image dimensions too large but not a security error yet.

If I send you a PM with my email address would you mind sending a screenshot via email?

I just tried to post a photo from my iPad Pro and got a error saying the file size was too large.
How big is the file (disk size and dimensions)? None of the settings for file size limitations have changed during the server move so it should be allowing the same size files as before.

Ooh, It was probably my fault. I just got a D850 and am not used to the file sizes. In iOS photos it is not clear how big the file sizes are. I check on my MBP and realized the file size was 24mb! I don't know what the limit is, but that was probably the problem.

FYI that I'm still trying to duplicate this one. My Win10 laptop is running Edge 44.17763.1.0 and so far I can't get a 'security error' when trying to upload to either a post or the gallery; I've tried uploading from directly from my local hard drive and from my networked Synology SAN server. I've been able to get errors for file sizes being too large and for image dimensions too large but not a security error yet.

If I send you a PM with my email address would you mind sending a screenshot via email?

Here is the error message.
Capture.PNG

This one is a png from my laptop.
Is it what you want? If not, send me a PM.
Thanks for your help.

I'm running Chrome (latest) and had the problem using it on Windows 10 (latest patches). I'm behind a working 1Gb fiber, so 'net access isn't the cause.

Posting the Flickr links didn't work either from that setup. But it worked from a Chromebook running Chrome OS Version 70.0.3538.76 (which, if I recall right, is the same version used on Windows 10). So, it's not Edge that's the problem. Due to storage configuration, I haven't tried uploading the original files from the Chromebook. If the problem persists, I can extract a couple and try again if that hellps (but I'm busy for the next few hours, sorry).

M.

Even though I haven't been able to reproduce the 'security error' scenario I went after the most likely culprit of what might be causing it.

Could @pdurand or somebody else who had an error please try again and let me know if you see a difference?

Even though I haven't been able to reproduce the 'security error' scenario I went after the most likely culprit of what might be causing it.

Could @pdurand or somebody else who had an error please try again and let me know if you see a difference?
D**n, I'm out of time ... if that changes before I have to turn in, I'll do it; I hope someone else can help out, though - still loads to do, and it's already close to 9pm around here ...

M.

Last edited:
Back