Leica SF Flask Mob Meet Up

Mijo

Veteran
I posted a similar thread about this meet up on mu4/3 so I thought I would do the same here to see if anyone is interested.

Here's a link describing what Flask Mob is about, http://www.thebolditalic.com/articles/4644-join-flaskmob-for-a-sf-photo-adventure

I've never been to this meet up before but I've been meaning to check it out, and it looks like I'll be able to this weekend. Since I'm not a pro, or DSLR user and I'm older then the demographic that appears to participate, I might be the odd man out at this meet up. Since I'm a leica / film user I'm hoping not to be that old weird guy in the corner with the antique camera, but if that happens... oh well.

If there are any LP members in the Bay Area that plan to attend, please post to this thread or PM me if you want to meet up before hand.

I went to the meet up on Saturday night and just wanted to post a follow up in case anyone else is interested in attending in the future.

The demographic is definately younger (early 20's to early 30's) and pretty much everyone was using a DSLR, I was definately the old guy at the meet up and the only one I could see shooting film. The meet up was well organized and the walk was well structured, with organizers making sure nobody got lost. The photowalk itself was pretty much like other walks I have participated in, there was definately more drinking / smoking involved with this one but I knew that was going to be the case before I showed up. IMO this photowalk was more energetic than others that I have participated in, maybe that's b/c of the demographic or the drinking / smoking. Attendees were pretty friendly and one of the organizers took the time to introduce himself and chat with me for a few minutes.

All in all, I would go again and probably will if I can...

Back