Architecture Share: Architecture

Two from Philly

19th and Rittenhouse
street-1970.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

18th and Sansom
street-1989.jpg

I'm shooting entirely at 28mm equivalent with the WCL-X100, and I find that Lightroom's lens correction works wonders on these ground-level architectural shots. A little bit of correction to straighten out the verticals makes the buildings look much more natural. I'm just now realizing that when shooting buildings I have to remember to frame a little wider to leave room for constraining the crop. Thanks FujiXspot!

OK, where were you for your church shot penfan - St. Patrick's? Beautiful - both of 'em - in black and white.

I went away - as in off my computer for the weekend and am so pleased to come back to this thread. My thanks to everyone. melonbread, yours is an especially lovely, moody photograph... I'm so glad you had your X100 with you on that boat. I'd be interested if you were at ISO 6400 or ? Love it in color, as well!

melonbread, yours is an especially lovely, moody photograph... I'm so glad you had your X100 with you on that boat. I'd be interested if you were at ISO 6400 or ? Love it in color, as well!

I actually don't like to shoot above 1600 (nothing to do with the fuji, its more like remnant habits from my older cameras), so its ISO 1600, F2.0, 1/30secs :)

Impressive - and thank you.

Normally I wouldn't choose to shoot higher than that either but when needs be and one finds out it works, it's a great thing and that's one of the many things I do like so much about the X100. I'm sure the X-E1 and X-Pro1 are the same.

OK, where were you for your church shot penfan - St. Patrick's? Beautiful - both of 'em - in black and white.

Hi, BB, thanks a lot! Basilica of the Sacred Heart (aka Newark Cathedral). It's a gorgeous church next to Branch Brook Park in Newark, NJ--they have beautiful cherry blossoms that line the lake there.

A few more shots from my recent trip - it's been great to see all the photos on this thread so far!

The Forum Building by Herzog and De Meuron (this is a shot of one of their skylights)

"Herzog and De Meuron Forum Building by Jannette Le (melonbread)) on 500px.com"
Calatrava's Radio tower near olympic park in Barcelona.

"Calatrava's Radio Tower by Jannette Le (melonbread)) on 500px.com"

Last edited by a moderator:
Back