Architecture Share: Architecture

ole-churche.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

XE-1 / Fuji 27mm

test_003.jpg

XE-1 / Fuji 27mm

gray_stone.jpg

XPro-1 / Samyang 16mm f /2.0

(I had a very short relationship with that LENSE. When it was on, it was really on. But mostly I missed focus ~ my fault!)

44124881901_d9da56f3ed_o.jpg
Gargoyles of Notre-Dame de Paris - PARIS-2018-33 by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

2018 July France - UK holiday: In architecture, a gargoyle is a carved or formed grotesque with a spout designed to convey water from a roof and away from the side of a building, thereby preventing rainwater from running down masonry walls and eroding the mortar between. Source: Wikipedia - Gargoyle - Wikipedia

43267110825_fbc714debe_o.jpg
Hôtel de Ville - PARIS-2018-37 by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

The Hôtel de Ville in Paris, France, is the building housing the city's local administration. Standing on the place de l'Hôtel-de-Ville in the 4th arrondissement, it has been the headquarters of the municipality of Paris since 1357.

It has an interesting history which is worth reading about at Wikipedia.

29299790007_1b0df18c69_o.jpg
Square de la Tour-Saint-Jacques - PARIS-2018-44 by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

Wikipedia reports that Saint-Jacques Tower is a monument located in the 4th arrondissement of Paris, France, on Rue de Rivoli at Rue Nicolas Flamel.

This 52-metre (171 ft) Flamboyant Gothic tower is all that remains of the former 16th-century Church of Saint-Jacques-de-la-Boucherie ("Saint James of the butchers"), which was demolished in 1797, during the French Revolution, leaving only the tower. What remains of the destroyed church of St. Jacques La Boucherie is now considered a national historic landmark.

Back