Architecture Share: Architecture

here is a state capitol.
DFE_7836.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The sign on the building says it all, but looking at the shape of the building, I reckon it was originally designed as a toll house, as most in Wales were of the octagonal shape.
And being situated right at the end of the only bridge for several miles across the River Usk, it was no doubt a toll bridge in its day.

2305-207 TG5.jpg

Cool photos. The original Kimbell
one of architects’s Louis Kahn’s best. Although he controlled the design, he was fired from the project…long story.
I didn't realize he had been. He is featured heavily in some of the photos in the downstairs entrance. I know Philip Johnson was fired from the Rothko Chapel in Houston. Apparently some differing opinions with the Menils

Houston, Texas - North end of Post Oak Blvd. The 1st and 3rd photos were taken in the building development. The 2nd and 4th were at the corner of San Felipe and Post Oak Blvd.

L1001254.jpg
L1001257.jpg
L1001254-2.jpg
L1001257-2.jpg

Houston, Texas - North end of Post Oak Blvd. The 1st and 3rd photos were taken in the building development. The 2nd and 4th were at the corner of San Felipe and Post Oak Blvd.

View attachment 394437View attachment 394439View attachment 394440View attachment 394441
Wow. That brings back memories. I used to stay at hotels in this area, way back yonder when this was kinda the outside edge of the development. A development which now extends 10+ miles west of this area now.

It was a great place to be. Walkable to just about anything you might want.

cheers

Back