Show ships - vessels - boats - yachts - submarines - whatever ...

I am not really into ships but I like them! I've seen some very nice photos of boats and ships here. So I was looking for a related thread but could not find it. So I thought to start one. My apologies if I missed it. I will delete this post if there is another.

No need to delete this one, but I did start a similar thread back in February...

That looks impressive, Nigel. Nice shots too! Especially the reflection on the name of the ship.

Hope you had an enjoyable trip.

My wife and I booked a cruise once. We still have good memories of having breakfast at the balcony and enjoying the sea view and sunset.

Thanks for sharing,

Peter

Attachments

• DSCF0736.jpg
    DSCF0736.jpg
    339.9 KB · Views: 149
  • DSCF0768.jpg
    DSCF0768.jpg
    241.9 KB · Views: 158
  • DSCF0892.jpg
    DSCF0892.jpg
    194.7 KB · Views: 156
  • DSCF0961.jpg
    DSCF0961.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 139
  • DSCF0786.jpg
    DSCF0786.jpg
    228.8 KB · Views: 155
Haven't found anything via search function, so here goes ... I could really need something longer than 90mm for these shots, maybe a light and compact xy-300mm zoom lens or something of that sort.

I dunno - usually there's enough air turbulence above water at a distance, you'd do just as well. These look good.

Thanks, Dale. It's just that with the 90mm Sonnar or 75-150mm Nikkor I have to crop a darn lot. Usually that's no big deal with that 24MP sensor on the NEX-7 but sometimes I really wish I had something around 300mm on the NEX. I just looked up some reviews on compact tele zooms and it seems you get a lot of bang for the buck these days.

I'd say make sure you're getting the full improvement of the longer focal length, since I've had some disappointments with long lenses, mainly on 4/3 cameras. Looking at some reviews of a Sony lens that require an A-E mount adapter, I wonder if that adapter doesn't lose anything.

I'd say make sure you're getting the full improvement of the longer focal length, since I've had some disappointments with long lenses, mainly on 4/3 cameras. Looking at some reviews of a Sony lens that require an A-E mount adapter, I wonder if that adapter doesn't lose anything.
I have a collection of different adapters for the NEX and the Fuji, some better ones (Novoflex, Metabones, Fotodiox) and some chinese no-name stuff as well, the ones that I've kept are all OK, others went to the garbage. Of course adapters always add some tolerances (some add internal reflections) but in the past I've had way more issues with (heavily) decentered lenses than adapter tolerances. I'll study some more reviews before I pull the trigger, but luckily we've got some pretty good return policies over here - just in case.

These two used to both belong to a couple friends. They were completed within the same week, and had sequential serial numbers.
What are the odds of that?
large.jpg

And here we are returning to the Channel Island harbor in California on the boat on the right above under power on a windless day.
large.jpg

Back