• Cameraderie, a friendly photography forum for photographers and camera enthusiasts!
    If you are looking for critique, tips, advice, buying recommendations, or just want to talk to fellow enthusiasts then join now for free!

Share Trains - Depots - Trestles - Stations

carlb

All-Pro
Feb 6, 2013
I haven't seen a dedicated picture thread for all things railways. So here's a place to feature your photos of locomotives, train cars, roundhouses, tunnels, depots, stations, tracks, trestles ...

afkenner

Regular
Jan 20, 2013
Fascinating, the timing of things...

I just finished issue 1 of Railroad Semantics today, a self-published zine by Aaron Dactyl - a photographer and itinerant freight train hopper...

Joey Wilson

Regular
Mar 19, 2012
So in nearby Madison, Tennessee, the local Chamber of Commerce recently relocated and rebuilt the former Amqui, Tennessee, train station as a local landmark/meeting location. Amqui is one of those old locations along the long-passed passenger rail line that's been swallowed and erased by current-day Nashville. It was originally bought and moved the first time by Johnny Cash, to Hendersonville, Tennessee, as his 'House of Cash' Gift Shop, JC being a big-time railroad fan. After his passing, it came up for sale and was bought and relocated to Madison. Here it is:

View attachment 710View attachment 711

Attachments

Joey Wilson

Regular
Mar 19, 2012
OK, a trestle. Here's the CSX Bridge (over the Cumberland River in Nashville) that turns into a trestle to reach the level ground out of frame to the left. One very early summer morning on the motorcycle ride, I pulled over here hoping to catch him, and sure enough, I heard the horn first, and he was coming from the right direction. X10, cropped 16:9 for wallpaper, corrected to not be real yellow from the early AM sunlight.

View attachment 722

Attachments

tonyturley

Hall of Famer
Nov 24, 2014
Scott Depot, WV, USA
Thurmond, WV. Once a bustling coal shipping community in the early 1900s, it has been restored for posterity and is now part of a National Historic Register. It was my stopover and turnaround point on yesterday's bike ride, and I was fortunate to catch a couple of trains coming through while I was there.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Aushiker

All-Pro
May 25, 2015
Fremantle, Western Australia

Le Puy to Langogne line - Arquejols - Chemin de Stevenson-2018-D3-09
by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

We had now climbed up to the top of the Arquejols Viaduct. This is part of the now disused Le Puy to Langogne railway line which crosses the viaduct. Passenger traffic ceased on the line in 1939 and freight traffic came to an end in 1988.

The Chemin de Stevenson passes below the viaduct before ascending a step track to a point above the railway line. We continued to climb for a bit more after this brief stop.

Day 3 of 12 - Le Bouchet-Saint-Nicolas to Langogne: Walking the Chemin de Stevenson (GR 70 Robert Louis Stevenson Trail) in the south of France.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

How did my backpack get so heavy? I thought mirrorless was lightweight!
Really enjoying my Samyang fisheye - it's the third FE lens I've owned, a Peleng on 4/3 and a previous Samyang on my first flirtation with m4/3. So I knew what I was getting. 👍
Ok, I'm all Creative Clouded out right now.... what a waste of time.
So Fuji's traditional spring announcement includes... only the XT30? Helps my GAS to be sure!
This week's weather has been snow, hail, rain, sun, sleet... what next, frogs? 🐸
Top Bottom