Share Trains - Depots - Trestles - Stations

2022-04-06 (Wed) 17-33-24.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

@Tili This is an interesting comparison with the post above with the TGV looking sleek and fast. This looks completely the opposite and what can we build from the spare parts lying around. Do you have any info on who built it and what work if performed. Certainly is an "oddity", thanks for sharing.

@Tili This is an interesting comparison with the post above with the TGV looking sleek and fast. This looks completely the opposite and what can we build from the spare parts lying around. Do you have any info on who built it and what work if performed. Certainly is an "oddity", thanks for sharing.
I found information about it here (in French) Chemins de fer de l'Hérault — Wikipédia

1649366457108.png

Here is an auto translated screenshot.

Good Morning,

The photos presented here were taken by my Dad during the 1930's (he was an engineer and an avid photographer), using a Kodak Retina I - 35mm, and scanned by me with a Canoscan FS-4000. The train, "Coronation-6220" was on tour in the US for the 1939 World's Fair in New York, shipped from Great Britain, shortly before WWII. The location looks to be the City of Providence (Rhode Island), judging by the domed building in the background. The camera he used is currently getting a CLA, and hopefully will be put to use again (by me) this summer.

Regards,

Edd

Coronation-6220.jpg
C-4.jpg
C-3.jpg
C-2.jpg
C-1.jpg

Last edited:
Back