Share Trains - Depots - Trestles - Stations

carlb

All-Pro
I haven't seen a dedicated picture thread for all things railways. So here's a place to feature your photos of locomotives, train cars, roundhouses, tunnels, depots, stations, tracks, trestles ...

So in nearby Madison, Tennessee, the local Chamber of Commerce recently relocated and rebuilt the former Amqui, Tennessee, train station as a local landmark/meeting location. Amqui is one of those old locations along the long-passed passenger rail line that's been swallowed and erased by current-day Nashville. It was originally bought and moved the first time by Johnny Cash, to Hendersonville, Tennessee, as his 'House of Cash' Gift Shop, JC being a big-time railroad fan. After his passing, it came up for sale and was bought and relocated to Madison. Here it is:

View attachment 710View attachment 711

Attachments

• DSCF2604.jpg
    DSCF2604.jpg
    248.4 KB · Views: 464
  • DSCF2621.jpg
    DSCF2621.jpg
    353.6 KB · Views: 320
OK, a trestle. Here's the CSX Bridge (over the Cumberland River in Nashville) that turns into a trestle to reach the level ground out of frame to the left. One very early summer morning on the motorcycle ride, I pulled over here hoping to catch him, and sure enough, I heard the horn first, and he was coming from the right direction. X10, cropped 16:9 for wallpaper, corrected to not be real yellow from the early AM sunlight.

View attachment 722

Attachments

• DSCF1867.jpg
    DSCF1867.jpg
    282.8 KB · Views: 307
Thurmond, WV. Once a bustling coal shipping community in the early 1900s, it has been restored for posterity and is now part of a National Historic Register. It was my stopover and turnaround point on yesterday's bike ride, and I was fortunate to catch a couple of trains coming through while I was there.

P1000117a.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

P1000123a.JPG

P1000124a.JPG

P1000128a.JPG

P5250014a.JPG

P5250015a.JPG

43930857634_b97c6f761e_o.jpg
Métro de Paris - PARIS-2018-65 by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

The Paris Métro (short for Métropolitain; French: Métro de Paris) is a rapid transit system in the Paris metropolitan area, France. It is the second busiest metro system in Europe, after the Moscow Metro, and the tenth-busiest in the world

Wikipedia - Paris Métro - Wikipedia

33173203968_639fd6bf7e_o.jpg

Le Puy to Langogne line - Arquejols - Chemin de Stevenson-2018-D3-09 by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

We had now climbed up to the top of the Arquejols Viaduct. This is part of the now disused Le Puy to Langogne railway line which crosses the viaduct. Passenger traffic ceased on the line in 1939 and freight traffic came to an end in 1988.

The Chemin de Stevenson passes below the viaduct before ascending a step track to a point above the railway line. We continued to climb for a bit more after this brief stop.

Day 3 of 12 - Le Bouchet-Saint-Nicolas to Langogne: Walking the Chemin de Stevenson (GR 70 Robert Louis Stevenson Trail) in the south of France.

Back