Share Trains - Depots - Trestles - Stations

Class 37 'Cardiff Canton' (37 714)
Peak Type 4 (D123)
lough_1.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Class 55 Deltic 'Alycidon'

lough_2.jpg

lough_4.jpg

Last edited:
For all of you train experts out there, a question.

What does the yellow sign 'caution shore line' actually mean in this context?

Out of focus - rookie error - oddly enough, half press - focus - recompose doesn't work when you leave your camera on CAF lol.

View attachment 326686
Something to do with electrical power lines?

Out of focus - rookie error - oddly enough, half press - focus - recompose doesn't work when you leave your camera on CAF lol.

View attachment 326686
Do you really want to go to the beach?

View attachment 326686
"Shore line" is a boating term for an electrical hook-up... so I suppose it's used for trains as well for when the on-board generator isn't running.

My wife will be up close and personal with Amtrak at 2:30 am tomorrow morning. She will be boarding the train for a nice 8-hour journey through Kansas, Missouri, and Iowa to arrive at her birth home of Ft. Madison, Iowa. She decided to take the train instead of driving mainly because of costs. Round trip is $124.00. She will be back at around the same god-awful time of 2:30 am on August 10th. I will have her snap some pictures of the train ride both ways and will post some later. She will be visiting her best friend and her son who more than likely will get an earful about his lack of ambition on bettering himself. I elected to stay and to have her go and not have to drag my old rear end around when she renews her memories and to be truthful, I want not to be involved in her come to Jesus meeting with her son.

Back