Feedback sharing photos from flickr

Luke

Legend
Name
Luke
I often hear of people having troubles sharing images in threads from their flickr account. I saw there was a discussion from awhile back, but perhaps it was too intimidating for people (and flickr has changed their user interface a couple times) so I just wanted to take a brief moment to help everyone who may need a few visual cues.

First, go the flickr page for the photo you want to share. Above the photo are a couple drop down menus titled "actions" and "Share"......click share to activate the drop down menu....it will look like this......

6996045974_952fcb65e4_b.jpg

DSCF8137 by Lukinosity (not around much..... too much work), on Flickr

your options on this menu are "share this via...", "grab the link" or "grab the HTML/BB code"......click on the grab the HTML/BBCode.
now click the checkbox at the bottom of that window for BBCode. Highlight the text in that box (after selcting the size you want) and copy it.

Now go the thread on the serious compacts forum where you want to insert the image and click inside the box as if you are going to type some text and then paste. It should look like this......
6996044998_a353ce6028_b.jpg

DSCF8138 by Lukinosity (not around much..... too much work), on Flickr

After you hit submit..... it will look like this (except yours won't have that handsome icon next to it ;))
7142129719_e507a1bd64_b.jpg

DSCF8139 by Lukinosity (not around much..... too much work), on Flickr

If this little tutorial has helped you, do someone a small favor today. If you still have questions, just let me know.

Good going, Luke. I confess it was all a little opaque to me when I first started here. The only point I would add is to make sure that the image size box is set to what you want; I usually post "large" here (1024x768) but that setting on Flickr does seem to reset itself randomly so be careful what you are capturing to put here! :2thumbs:

"If this little tutorial has helped you, do someone a small favor today. If you still have questions, just let me know"

Thanks

I'll ask my wife not to bring me my afternoon cuppa - instead I'll go and get it from her in the kitchen - you're a hard man Luke

lightmancer said:
Flickr does seem to reset itself randomly
the size & code-type setting on flickr is "remembered" so that every time you select a different size and/or bbcode/html combo, it'll stay that way 'til you select a different size &/or code setting ... this still catches me out over and over again (and I've been using the damn thing for years)

My only concern is that Flickr will cancel your account if you use it as a hosting service, meaning post photos there to post elsewhere. But I don't do it very often, and that sharing code seems to make it easy to do anyway. As long as the image links back to Flickr I think it is fine. In today's time it's of course natural to share photos elsewhere.

the size & code-type setting on flickr is "remembered" so that every time you select a different size and/or bbcode/html combo, it'll stay that way 'til you select a different size &/or code setting ... this still catches me out over and over again (and I've been using the damn thing for years)

Hmmm... I have never in my life used "square" and yet I find that as one of the settings occasionally... :confused::confused:

Back