Micro 4/3 "Sharp agrees to the Micro Four Thirds system standard"

Kevin

Code Monkey 🐒
Nov 3, 2018
Pennsylvania, USA
Courtesy of Google Translate...

April 3, 2019

Olympus Corporation and Panasonic Corporation jointly announced the Micro Four Thirds System Standard in 2008 and have made efforts to disseminate this standard, but Sharp Corporation agrees with this standard and products conforming to this standard We will notify you of development progress.

Click here for the details of the news release Link to PDF file

Sharp Corporation, a leader in 8K imaging technology and product development, has agreed with the Micro Four Thirds standard. In the future, Sharp Corporation's products will be added to the Micro Four Thirds lineup. The development of the line-up unique to the joint standard will further expand the enjoyment of video.

Olympus, as a proposed company of Four Thirds System and Micro Four Thirds system standards, will continue to expand its lineup and will provide digital SLR systems that meet the diverse needs of customers.

Luke

Super Moderator
Nov 11, 2011
Milwaukee, WI USA
Luke
Sharp must have money to burn. Here's video of a prototype at CES.....apparently, this camera may be out later this year? It's really just getting to bragging rights now. I haven't seen the need for 4K, I can't imagine who (besides Nat Geo) NEEDS 8k.

Tilman Paulin

Top Veteran
Nov 15, 2011
Vancouver B.C.
Tilman
Sharp must have money to burn. Here's video of a prototype at CES.....apparently, this camera may be out later this year? It's really just getting to bragging rights now. I haven't seen the need for 4K, I can't imagine who (besides Nat Geo) NEEDS 8k.
And unless there's a breakthrough in compression technology as well I can't see this camera recording much more usable data...

On the other side a new player in m43 might bring us some new tech, maybe even a new sensor eventually :)

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom