Sharp Focus, the Queen's Wayfarers 2 NOW AVAILABLE!

Lightmancer

Legend
Name
Bill Palmer

I apologise it's taken a little longer than I intended, but as leaked here: Overexposed - The Queen's Wayfarers #1 - now published! I have just released the Queen's Wayfarers Book 2, Sharp Focus for pre-order on Amazon.

To be precise, the ebook version only is available for pre-order. Paperback will be published at the same time but cannot be pre-ordered.

This book opens with Guy and Jane on a short break in Moscow. They are invited to a dinner they cannot refuse and Jane is taken hostage to ensure Guy delivers a very special Dispatch for an oligarch plotting to unseat Vladimir Putin. This is a much bigger story in scope and action, taking place in London and Moscow. Romanovs, sleeper cells, beautiful spies, British Royals, Russian politics, car and helicopter chases, spetsnaz... What more could you ask?

Oh yes, and there is a preview - the prologue - to QW3, Backlit.

Enjoy (and tell your friends!)

The best bit about this is that I have the "photos taken by Guy" while in Moscow...
IMG_20200525_100537_011.jpg

The paperback is ready to roll, but I cannot put it on pre-order. I'm trying to work out lead-time and release it so that people can order, and get it on more or less the same day. It won't be cheap, I'm afraid, but it will be nearly 500 pages of high-octane action!

Here's one of the new characters:
IMG_20200604_165456_285.jpg

It's Monday, there are just two weeks to go, so it's new video day.

You can learn a bit about characters old and new, heroes and villains...

Great video, Bill.

And - this may be a stupid question, so please pardon my ignorance, but --- will there be any significant differences between the electronic e-book kindle version - and the print version or versions? For example, photographs - which might be more easily viewable - or 'appreciable' - in one of the print versions?

Or will the electronic and physical versions be identical?

Hi Miguel, it's not a stupid question at all. The content could easily vary - you upload two different files for kindle and paperback - but what I do is produce the ebook version first, then the paperback, which takes more physical formatting, including paying careful attention to widows and orphans, and generating a manual index.

Both versions have "extras", therefore, including a set of plans of a dacha in which some of the action takes place, a Russian to English "dictionary", essays on Spetsnaz, the Russian Orthodox Church, Vladimir Putin and others, and of course the aforementioned preface to book 3.

Im toying with the idea of slotting in a novella between Book 2 and Book 3, set in the QW world, but "off piste" from the normal QW story arc, which would allow me to develop some of the minor characters, before the events of QW3. I'd aim to produce it for Christmas if possible.

Back