Shibui-Understated Simplicity

pdh

Legend
Jan 2, 2011
only just caught up with these.
i agree with BB the colour and stillness of #1 is wonderful.
if #2 were cropped to similar proportion as #1 they would be beautiful complements.

then i can see them printed large under acrylic on adjacent walls in a big white room

Lili

Hall of Famer
Oct 17, 2010
Dallas, TX
Lili
only just caught up with these.
i agree with BB the colour and stillness of #1 is wonderful.
if #2 were cropped to similar proportion as #1 they would be beautiful complements.

then i can see them printed large under acrylic on adjacent walls in a big white room
LOL, thanks Paul. For the compliment and that image

pdh

Legend
Jan 2, 2011
for me a bit less tight - about the same amount of fence-top and greenery as in #1 is what I envisaged.

But that is my "visual aesthetic" at work, and it won't be the same as yours. You must (I insist!) be true to yourself!

Brian

Top Veteran
Jul 7, 2010
I like the cropped image better than the original. The rule of thirds is well balanced in terms of geometric shape and color.

Home with pneumonia, bored, chills, fever. Called in sick for the week. Time to crawl under the covers and watch "Justice League"...

Lili

Hall of Famer
Oct 17, 2010
Dallas, TX
Lili
for me a bit less tight - about the same amount of fence-top and greenery as in #1 is what I envisaged.

But that is my "visual aesthetic" at work, and it won't be the same as yours. You must (I insist!) be true to yourself!
The first has the impact of discovery for me, thenthe next 2 I refined my vision.
For better or worse ;)

Lili

Hall of Famer
Oct 17, 2010
Dallas, TX
Lili
I like the cropped image better than the original. The rule of thirds is well balanced in terms of geometric shape and color.

Home with pneumonia, bored, chills, fever. Called in sick for the week. Time to crawl under the covers and watch "Justice League"...
thanks, hope you get better soon!

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom