Ships of the Fleet (Star Trek Edition)

So I recently bought this foldable softbox and finally got to mess around with it (thoughts at the end) with some of my Star Trek models.

A6000 and 50mm Minolta

NCC-1701
_DSC1314.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

_DSC1322.JPG

_DSC1323.JPG

NX-01
_DSC1327.JPG

_DSC1331.JPG

_DSC1333.JPG

_DSC1352.JPG

NCC-1701 D
_DSC1339.JPG

_DSC1346.JPG

So this was a fun couple of hours. My thoughts and view of the softbox

_DSC1312.JPG

1- Not a very big softbox. It fits these models but anything bigger and I would be needing something bigger.

2- This softbox is foldable. Nice that I can fold it and put it away, but there are light bleeds in the corners. The inserts only cover two directions. And being foldable, it is not entirely rigid and has some flex.

3- The built-in LED strip is nice but anything shiny and it will have to be diffused.

I did all of this very casually, and handheld. I need to stabilize the box and pull out the tripod next time. All in all a fun experiment and a lot to learn.

I have been collecting the Hallmark Star Trek ornaments since they first came up. I have a fairly complete collection of tiny Star Trek vessels which festoon my tree every Xmas.

Don't make me drag out my Lost in Space toys. ;)

Temptations

I have been collecting the Hallmark Star Trek ornaments since they first came up. I have a fairly complete collection of tiny Star Trek vessels which festoon my tree every Xmas.

My wife is the boss of the Christmas tree. That would not "fly"

I have a small display area on my side of the bed for my stuff like this.

So I recently bought this foldable softbox and finally got to mess around with it (thoughts at the end) with some of my Star Trek models.

A6000 and 50mm Minolta

NCC-1701
_DSC1314.JPG

_DSC1322.JPG

_DSC1323.JPG

NX-01
_DSC1327.JPG

_DSC1331.JPG

_DSC1333.JPG

_DSC1352.JPG

NCC-1701 D
_DSC1339.JPG

_DSC1346.JPG

So this was a fun couple of hours. My thoughts and view of the softbox

_DSC1312.JPG

1- Not a very big softbox. It fits these models but anything bigger and I would be needing something bigger.

2- This softbox is foldable. Nice that I can fold it and put it away, but there are light bleeds in the corners. The inserts only cover two directions. And being foldable, it is not entirely rigid and has some flex.

3- The built-in LED strip is nice but anything shiny and it will have to be diffused.

I did all of this very casually, and handheld. I need to stabilize the box and pull out the tripod next time. All in all a fun experiment and a lot to learn.
Wonderful! And, now I have ordered a lightbox (not a softbox) ... cheap and nasty, mine, but it seemed like a very handy thing. Weird it never occurred to me to check ebay!

Back