Ricoh Shooter's Unabridged thoughts and feelings about the GXR

Duane, did you free the camera yet?
When I look in the mirror I see Don. The guy in the mirror sees shooter.
It's an issue PDH is helping me with but he's out making Trig photos.

Wowww - Don!
You are THE grey wolf in the suburban forest.......Very difficult to top this shooting - even for you, my friend! Keep on and I'm curious about your 'view' with the 50mm...... :)

Wowww - Don!
You are THE grey wolf in the suburban forest.......Very difficult to top this shooting - even for you, my friend! Keep on and I'm curious about your 'view' with the 50mm...... :)

Thanks Bernd. Ya know the 50 has me edgy. With the M3 it's of course a natural mate. Nothing better, even today. I always thought of the 50 as a mild Tele for me. So, on this camera, I don't know how much use it will get. I am thinking that maybe my Closer Vision Concepts with the Leica will awake again and the 50 will find a place in my heart. I'll know in a few days...
Don

Don, the 50mm is a macro lens with finer focus throw. It could be that even there has been a firmware (speed-update) the module is a bit slower than the 28mm module. But you are very flexible and anticipating the content of frames......

Andrew, the X100 has officially been replaced. It's still here but not on active duty. I am trying desperately to maintain a place for the X100 but it's a hard battle.
The GXR just does everything so naturally.
Both have their assets but....
The X100 is an engineering marvel where the GXR is a shooters dream.
It's a dichotomy I am dealing with.
I always talk about the "Intrusion" from a camera.

I won't belittle the X100 because it doesn't deserve it. It's a great camera.
My 1 and only issue is strictly the intrusion of the camera to the eye.
So, I am trying to work thru this but its very emotionally challenging. Unlike many M shooters, the X100 brings me to a place that I worked for 40+ years. My M cameras allowed me to see THRU the subject and...the subject thru me. The could see my left eye as I framed with the right. The X100 does that also but it's a long time since I worked that way. Now, I'm not sure I want to any more.

The GXR allows me to work like a Serious Compact. There's a freedom with screen cameras that is overlooked and unappreciated by many. Screen cameras allow one to be "The Gentle Observer".

Duane, did you free the camera yet?
When I look in the mirror I see Don. The guy in the mirror sees shooter.
It's an issue PDH is helping me with but he's out making Trig photos.

I seriously hope so this weekend as I was just awarded a job promotion and may use that as the catalysts as an excuse. However, with the promotion comes more training and that school starts next Wednesday. So my next few days at home will be spent in the books. But, I will be out and about selling popcorn on Saturday for our Boy Scout troop and some other events possibly involving photo opportunities.

Leaves are beginning to change here a little early too. God did not make enough time in the day for all that can be done in a day. Plus we sometimes need a break for sleep!

Duane, GOD gave us plenty of time in the day. The way we spend it is our fault, not HIS.
Which lenses do you have for the camera? Are you getting the M adapter?
Fon

I guess I better get my butt off the computer now and get busy. I have the 28 and since I don't have a clue about M mount anything, I will spend my time trying to master the one I have. Plus it should mimic my GRD since they're both 28s.

However, I see an M mount in the future as a way to expand my system.

Andrew, the X100 has officially been replaced. It's still here but not on active duty. I am trying desperately to maintain a place for the X100 but it's a hard battle.
The GXR just does everything so naturally.

I had a passionate affair with the X100, and I still really enjoy it, but the honeymoon appears to be over and now it's just another camera, and being just another camera I can be more objective. I too have been returning to my Ricohs. First the GRD3 and then the GXR now that the Mount unit is here.

Sorry your 50 arrived DOA. That is still my favorite GXR lens.

I had a passionate affair with the X100, and I still really enjoy it, but the honeymoon appears to be over and now it's just another camera, and being just another camera I can be more objective. I too have been returning to my Ricohs. First the GRD3 and then the GXR now that the Mount unit is here.

Sorry your 50 arrived DOA. That is still my favorite GXR lens.

Ricohs always make you come back;)

Andrew, Bethany told me I'll have the lens tomorrow. She also told me to leave it up to her.
Da kid gotz class but it ain't from me. She bought an M9 yesterday and is ready to grab some lenses from me. I'd love to trade cameras but it's only a dream.

Stan, above color images... Yep just those 2 new ones.... The women is Color Effex 4 and the dude sitting... He's in HDR Effex with output sharpened... I don't like Nic sharpened pro but I tried something.
Bethany, my daughter was crying on the phone. She ordered me a 50 from some place in Calif.. It's coming tomorrow. I sent the broke one back to B&H. They're closed but have a surprise when they reopen.

I gotta tell ya tho... The 28 is great. There's magic in the way it draws. It's got just the right contrast for a digital camera. Anyway... It's a great system and I'm deeper into it every minute of the day....

Hey... Yeah all your GXR shooters... Get off yet butt and start putting images up...
Yes Duane.... That includes you...!

Back