Performing Arts Shot a Concert with the X-Pro1

Thanks man. I used AF for all of them. The trick was just focusing on where the light was on the musicians so I could the camera would detect a contrast point. Didn't really have any major issues.

Very nice work. I've been wondering how a Fuji X body would handle this type of shoot, being new to the Fuji system. Looks like it handles it very well.

most definitely handles it well! I had the ISO up to about 4000 and as you can tell the pics are still very usable.

I may have even pushed some up to 6400. The 14mm really helped when I was on the right side of the stage. In the last photo of the set the guy was an arms length away from me and I was still able to get his whole body in. I do think I would have liked to have the 55-200mm lens so I could go back to the sound booth and get some better straight forward shots of the singers.

Forgive me, but................................................'kin hellllllllll these are really good. Great energy leaping off the screen!

As I am not fluent in the English language, I won't use strong words like Pete ;) but just say that you made a fantastic series! Captures energy and atmosphere very well!

I would like to be hired as well. :p

My cousin was managing two of the bands on the bill and asked if I'd like to get out there to shoot them. Gonna try to shoot them again when they get back into town.

This great to see. In the 2 years I've had my xp1, I've shied away from using it for concerts. No more! These are great! Did you shoot manual or shutter priority? Some EXIF would be really helpful.

I was shooting full manual mode. You can actually view all the EXIF data once you go through the Flickr page. Just click the ... icon and you'll get the option for EXIF info. =)

Do yourself a favor and try Photo Ninja.

It is the absolute best application I have found at fixing white balance issues cause by the stage lighting. Click on a neutral tone and it just seems to get it right, even if the adjustments are way off the slider scale. Miles better than the WB adjustments available in ACR/Lightroom meaning you can avoid the sickly cyan or magenta looking skin tones.

Back