Fuji Should I buy this used X100?

Still love mine, and use it semi-regularly alongside the X-T1. That sensor, and that glass, for so little...

(Forgive me if I read this wrong, but it sounds like you're pondering if you should get ANY X100 just as much as you're wondering about this specific one?) Your happiness will largely depend upon your expectations, which in turn usually come from what you're used to and using now. If you're spoiled by DSLR or OMD-level focus speed and tracking, the X100 will feel slow to you sometimes. You have to love its quirks, or you'll never get along. If you DO, it will reward you by making everything silent, easy, and non-scary to your subjects.

I'm trying to move away from my DSLR (too heavy for me nowadays).
I know the X100 (original) is much loved. I guess the same is true for X100S, but that's lot more and so is the X100T.
I have, and love, the Ricoh GR, but sometimes wish I had a viewfinder (Fuji seem to be really innovating with viewfinders), and the 35mm is just a different option (like different primes on my DLSR).
I'd like to move into Fuji altogether. Olympus look good too, but I think high ISO might be a step back from a Nikon DX sensor. Fuji are good at high ISO.
I don't mind the slowness. Sometimes life is too fast anyway.

Ok, you might get along with this thing well. Some things to keep in mind as you ponder the future:

- That's a low dollar, low-investment way to find out if you like the general Fuji shooting aesthetic, and you could always sell it later for most of that $. ...Low risk.
- If you find that the speed of the X100 is ok (as did I), then every other newer model will delight you.
- What the X100 will NOT exactly do for you is introduce you to Fuji's main sensor, the X-Trans. It renders differently, the files are a different extension type, and I actually like overall look of the X100's bayer sensor in most situations by a little bit. But they went X-Trans on everything but the X100 and the XA, and I can make the X-Trans in my XT do what I want, but the X100 just seemed to have beautiful pictures falling out of its pockets. It was effortless.

So if you get this thing, and after a few months you find that it's so light, so capable, and so utterly ignored by the people you're shooting, you might catch the bug too.

I have to say it seems like a low-risk proposition at that price. If you have the option to return the camera for a full refund during a reasonable amount to time, I say go for it. Then make sure it has the latest firmware update.

Myself, I'm trying to decide if I need to bother with the X100T since I have an X-A1 with 27mm pancake on it.

Myself, I'm trying to decide if I need to bother the the X100T since I have an X-A1 with 27mm pancake on it.

Ooooh that IS rough. You got the size already, which is one of the big selling points. You get another stop, a little width, and much better controls. It's not a "grab your wallet" slam dunk.

Back