Show: Aliens

One of the first photos I ever took, I pointed my fixed focus Kodak up to take a picture of the clouds in a blue sky, nothing else. Everyone who saw it said it looked like a picture of the ocean from high above it. So for about two years, as we'd look through each roll of film when we got it back, now and then my late husband or I would say, "There's a vacation photo!" Once we got eight he made up a story about our exterrestrial vacation to go along with them. Of course, he told it better than I do, but I just posted the whole series, scanned from photos. Here's my favorite - as the story goes, as part of the tour package, the spaceport presented us with this photo of our spaceship re-emerging from hyperspace.
10968005635_8779b7f1d2_b.jpg

Re-entry from Hyperspace by rubyj29, on Flickr
I think this is a link to the set if you don't want to start in the middle.
Our Extaterrestrial Vacation

You may have heard ABC news report on the sighting of a meteor (or "space junk") in the Midwest last night (Dec 26.) I happened to see said meteor.
I jumped in my car and did my best to keep up with it, and was rewarded with these two photos of... not a flying saucer. More a flying jellyfish, glowing an eerie shade of lime green strangely reminiscent of Vaseline glass viewed under black light.

And, I swear on a stack of Bibles - at least one sentence in this introduction is true.

11596284294_27fd2c36a5_b.jpg

Unidentified Flying Jellyfish by rubyj29, on Flickr

11595962215_472dff3f6b_b.jpg

Unidentified Flying Jellyfish 2 by rubyj29, on Flickr

You may have heard ABC news report on the sighting of a meteor (or "space junk") in the Midwest last night (Dec 26.) I happened to see said meteor.
I jumped in my car and did my best to keep up with it, and was rewarded with these two photos of... not a flying saucer. More a flying jellyfish, glowing an eerie shade of lime green strangely reminiscent of Vaseline glass viewed under black light.

And, I swear on a stack of Bibles - at least one sentence in this introduction is true.

11596284294_27fd2c36a5_b.jpg

Unidentified Flying Jellyfish by rubyj29, on Flickr

11595962215_472dff3f6b_b.jpg

Unidentified Flying Jellyfish 2 by rubyj29, on Flickr

Cool effect

Back