Show "Animal"

Too true! And thanks, Brian. When we first met him he was living in the fields around our house in West Virginia where he blended in beautifully. He's a real West Virginia boy, too - a serious hunter with a gun rack and a six pack for later.;)

Cat Alert !

L1002145.jpg

Oh Will! I am very sorry about your cat's death but that is one AMAZING photograph - I think it's perfect for that decisive moment!:bravo-009: What a face - one all of us cat owners can related to, even with the most lovable sort.

(That's really good BB)

Animals are not only pets

went back to the UK this week

back to our old "home" - near Winchester - we always pick up a few pork sausages from the local farm - you just cannot beat English sausages, nothing like them in France

A bright sunny, (cold), day, but I always snap the "locals"

This guy had his eye on me - (in between his sunbathing)

(the image has been considerably cropped)

sausages.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

middle_farm.jpg

Your friend certainly does seem to be sizing you up, Bill.;) My sister raised pigs for a while on a small farm she and her husband had out in southeastern Ohio, goats too...but the pigs we did eat. I have to say that I enjoyed both the pigs and the goats as sentient beings, but the goats were more like companions as they often followed us on our walks through the woods.

Who was eyeing me up this morning?

1020450.jpg

Panasonic G1 with 50-200mm, f/2.8-3.5 Olympus Zuiko Digital (4/3 fitting) @ 104mm

The eye of an inquisitive bullock, either a pure bred south Devon or a cross, father was certainly pure bred, I kept a wary eye on him when he was out with the cows in these fields, that was a year or two back.

Barrie

How absolutely wonderful! The quality of this image is superb, Barrie - I feel as though I can reach through the screen to pat him... I guess I wouldn't actually be that close if I were in the field with him. He is a handsome devil!

How absolutely wonderful! The quality of this image is superb, Barrie - I feel as though I can reach through the screen to pat him... I guess I wouldn't actually be that close if I were in the field with him. He is a handsome devil!

I guess no more than 2 metres away, probably shied off if you'd stepped forward, I was down a slope slightly below them so didn't do that, didn't want them loosing their footing.

This is my initial shot with the lens zoomed to 50mm. Neither shot has been cropped. They moved much closer after I took this one.

1020440.jpg

Barrie

Back