Show Art Deco

Art Noveaux - Aubrey Beardsley - Salome?

Haha nup :)

The first is a floor mosaic from Victor Horta's Maison Tassel in Brussels (1894), arguably the first 'true' piece of Art Nouveau architecture.

The second is from Charles Rennie Mackintosh's 1901 competition entry for a 'House for an Art Lover', which he was initially disqualified from due to a late submission and wasn't actually built until 1996. The drawing on my leg is from the cover art on the submission portfolio, rather than the actual house design.

That's pretty cool nick! And i might have said this before (not sure) but so is the quote from the Out of Eden project in your signature - love the project, and Paul's writing!

That's pretty cool nick! And i might have said this before (not sure) but so is the quote from the Out of Eden project in your signature - love the project, and Paul's writing!

I've only read the first instalment that was published in Nat Geo, but it's one of the most moving bits of journalism I've seen in a while.

Did you see the shot from Out of Eden that won the photojournalism award?

I've only read the first instalment that was published in Nat Geo, but it's one of the most moving bits of journalism I've seen in a while.

Did you see the shot from Out of Eden that won the photojournalism award?

I've been following it through http://outofedenwalk.nationalgeographic.com/ , I haven't had the opportunity to read the magazine. Is the content different from the website?
Is the photo you're talking about the one with the migrants in Djibouti trying to pick up a cell phone signal? It's an incredible photo, and resonates so much more strongly with me now that I've travelled in Africa myself (albeit the other coast)... very deserving winner IMO. Wish I could tell stories like that in a single photo :tongue:

IMG_8469.JPG

Back