Show: Beautiful Women (feminine beauty)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, this is all really impressive and tasteful. . I know out of experience that limitations generally forces one to become creative and disciplined, your comments confirm that, unfortunately we quickly forget that and fall over and over for the "more is better" thinking. Whereas "less" is what's often the best medicine. Did you try to print them and how large?

As some of the shots were made inside, I guess you had to leave base ISO and go to higher ISO in several shots - correct?
And: really beautiful girls.

Cheers
Bernie

Actually, I'm almost positive all those images are shot at ISO100 (exif data should still be intact and confirm this)...as much as I love the X10, ISO performance is noticeably worse even at ISO200. I'm already shooting at 6mp, and wouldn't want to lose any more effective print resolution by boosting ISO. The only exception is the image using the flash... only because the flash recycle times at ISO 100, f2.8 are pretty lousy, and with such a bright high-contrast aesthetic, apparent noise is less of an issue.

The standard of the portraits coming from the X10 is impressive, and very encouraging for someone intending to buy an X20.

I particularly like the picture in post #22 above (the sardonic ironic, Feb 13th)

-R

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back