Show: Beautiful Women (feminine beauty)

Status
Not open for further replies.

taz98spin

Top Veteran
Jun 1, 2012
Nice shots Taz. Do you suggest your models stick to black and white as far as wardrobe is concerned? I just noticed they all went with the monochromatic look against your white sofa and black background.
I ask the models to bring 2 or 3 outfits that make them feel beautiful & somehow all of the models brought something in Black :D

dacalac

Veteran
May 1, 2013
here's the list of film emulations with VSCO 05:

Agfa Vista 100 - / -- / + / ++ / +++ / Contrast + / Cool / Cool + / Portrait / Soft Highs / Vibrant / Warm / Warm +
Agfa Vista 400 - / -- / + / ++ / Contrast ++ / Cool / Cool + / Portrait / Soft Highs / Vibrant / Warm / Warm + / Night/Tungsten / Night/Tungsten + / Night/Tungsten Alt
Agfa Vista 800 - / -- / + / ++ / Contrast + / Cool / Cool + / Soft Highs / Vibrant / Warm / Warm + / Night/Tungsten / Night/Tungsten + / Night/Tungsten Alt
Fuji Neopan 400 - / -- / + / ++ / +++ / Contrast + / Contrast/Fade + / Soft Highs / Night/Tungsten / Night/Tungsten +
Kodak BW400CN - / -- / + / ++ / +++ / Contrast + / Contrast/Fade + / Soft Highs / Night/Tungsten / Night/Tungsten +
Kodak Ektar 100 - / -- / + / + Blue / + Magenta / ++ / ++ Blue / +++ / Contrast + / Cool / Cool + / Soft Highs / Vibrant / Warm / Warm - / Warm +
Kodak Gold 100 - / -- / + / + Alt / + Alt 2/ + Soft Highs / ++ / +++ / Contrast + / Cool / Cool + / Portrait / Vibrant / Warm / Warm +
Kodak Gold 200 - / -- / + / ++ / ++ Alt / +++ / Contrast + / Cool / Cool + / Green / Portrait / Soft Highs / Vibrant / Warm / Warm +
Kodak Max 800 - / -- / + / ++ / +++ / Alt / Alt + / Alt ++ / Alt Cool / Alt Warm / Contrast + / Cool / Cool + / Soft Highs / Vibrant / Warm / Warm + / Night/Tungsten / Night/Tungsten + / Night/Tungsten Alt
Kodak Royal Gold 400 - / -- / + / ++ / +++ / Contrast + / Cool / Cool + / Soft Highs / Vibrant / Warm / Warm + / Night/Tungsten / Night/Tungsten + / Night/Tungsten Alt
Kodak Ultramax 400 - / -- / + / + Green / ++ / ++ Green / +++ / Contrast + / Cool / Cool + / Soft Highs / Vibrant / Warm / Warm + / Night/Tungsten / Night/Tungsten + / Nigh/Tungsten Alt
Kodak Ultramax 800 - / -- / + / + Alt / ++ / +++ / Contrast + / Cool / Cool + / Soft Highs / Vibrant / Warm / Warm + / Night/Tungsten / Night/Tungsten + / Night/Tungsten Alt

christilou

Legend
Jul 13, 2010
Sunny Frimley
I've looked at VSCO for quite some time and when the offer came up for the new 05 set and a half price "other", I succumbed. However, I'm not sure I find them as useful as Colour Efex/Silver Efex. They look a bit crude colour wise to me somehow and yet, I have found a few settings that I like. I have 01 as well as 05 but I think I should have got the slide film instead as it's much brighter. Love to see anyone else's pics using these :)

ean10775

All-Pro
Feb 13, 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
Eric
I've looked at VSCO for quite some time and when the offer came up for the new 05 set and a half price "other", I succumbed. However, I'm not sure I find them as useful as Colour Efex/Silver Efex. They look a bit crude colour wise to me somehow and yet, I have found a few settings that I like. I have 01 as well as 05 but I think I should have got the slide film instead as it's much brighter. Love to see anyone else's pics using these :)
I have packs 01, 02 and 03. Admittedly I find that they tend to work better on my Canon and Olympus RAW files in LR as opposed the the RAF files from the Fujis. In any case I think the presets rarely work in a one-click-and-done fashion and require full use of the the VSCO Toolkit to tweak each preset for the particular photo. In the end I just started using the curves tool in LR since I found a lot of the issues I was having with VSCO and the RAF files was around the use the of Luminance and Saturation sliders, which are a big part of VSCO. I do still like the vignette settings in the VSCO toolkit and use them regularly.

taz98spin

Top Veteran
Jun 1, 2012
I have packs 01, 02 and 03. Admittedly I find that they tend to work better on my Canon and Olympus RAW files in LR as opposed the the RAF files from the Fujis. In any case I think the presets rarely work in a one-click-and-done fashion and require full use of the the VSCO Toolkit to tweak each preset for the particular photo. In the end I just started using the curves tool in LR since I found a lot of the issues I was having with VSCO and the RAF files was around the use the of Luminance and Saturation sliders, which are a big part of VSCO. I do still like the vignette settings in the VSCO toolkit and use them regularly.
I'm interested in the Kodak Gold 100 and 200, because I know those are some of the commercial films that my dad used to capture photos of our family, when I was a child.

I haven't really used the VSCO toolkit. I guess I should try it out :)

Feb 2, 2013
My good friend Olga, amazing musician and one of the most talented girls I know. She's not a model, but was interested in being photographed "like one of my girls" as she puts it. I think she did great! I used the Fuji 35mm f/1.4 and a Nikon 100mm f/2.8 Series E on the X-T1

EDIT: Still no lightroom X-T1 support, so I worked on the jpegs.

View attachment 19409
Untitled by the_sardonic_iconic, on Flickr
View attachment 19410
View attachment 19411
View attachment 19412

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Top Bottom