Show: Beautiful Women (feminine beauty)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Patriot

This is an image I took of my daughter using the X100, it was for a flyer and during the "Queens Jubilee" celebration.

The image was so sharp that I have had to diffuse it slightly.

attachment.php

All, we ask that you please keep a couple things in mind in this thread. First, nudity is not allowed on the site. Second, we ask that you avoid posting photos that would make our female members uncomfortable to be here because of the degree of objectification.

This is a gray area, and we will delete photos as necessary but ask you to use your best judgment. I'm sure we all want all members and visitors to feel comfortable participating on the site.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

My apologies. The objectification of women is not my intent in any way. I'm a fashion photographer, I forget sometimes about differing standards among viewers.

I didn't mean to suggest that you were objectifying women. That was meant to be a preventative comment to generally discourage folks from doing so in this this thread, not a comment about you.

@ sardonic iconic:
Nice to see your contributions, and specially that they are made with a compact camera like the x10 - this humbles the amateur's running for always better equipment and reminds that it is not the camera, but the know-how of using the camera to it's best. Did you work with reflectors or flashlights in those photos? I find them fascinating...

Cheers
Bernie

@ sardonic iconic:
Nice to see your contributions, and specially that they are made with a compact camera like the x10 - this humbles the amateur's running for always better equipment and reminds that it is not the camera, but the know-how of using the camera to it's best. Did you work with reflectors or flashlights in those photos? I find them fascinating...

Cheers
Bernie

Thanks so much, Bernie. No reflector or artificial light in any of the images posted that I can recall... just playing to the strengths of the natural light available, either super soft and diffused or direct and harsh. Using the X10 for my personal work as well as a few jobs has re-invigorated a more acute awareness in me of what makes a strong portrait, instead of just auto-piloting with a huge sensor and super shallow DOF.

Shot on my X10:
9GZ6OYR.jpg

View attachment 9614
View attachment 9615
View attachment 9616
View attachment 9617

No reflector or artificial light in any of the images posted that I can recall... just playing to the strengths of the natural light available, either super soft and diffused or direct and harsh.
Shot on my X10:

Well, this is all really impressive and tasteful. . I know out of experience that limitations generally forces one to become creative and disciplined, your comments confirm that, unfortunately we quickly forget that and fall over and over for the "more is better" thinking. Whereas "less" is what's often the best medicine. Did you try to print them and how large?

As some of the shots were made inside, I guess you had to leave base ISO and go to higher ISO in several shots - correct?
And: really beautiful girls.

Cheers
Bernie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back