Show: Beautiful Women (feminine beauty)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice shots Taz. Do you suggest your models stick to black and white as far as wardrobe is concerned? I just noticed they all went with the monochromatic look against your white sofa and black background.

I ask the models to bring 2 or 3 outfits that make them feel beautiful & somehow all of the models brought something in Black :D

here's the list of film emulations with VSCO 05:

Agfa Vista 100 - / -- / + / ++ / +++ / Contrast + / Cool / Cool + / Portrait / Soft Highs / Vibrant / Warm / Warm +
Agfa Vista 400 - / -- / + / ++ / Contrast ++ / Cool / Cool + / Portrait / Soft Highs / Vibrant / Warm / Warm + / Night/Tungsten / Night/Tungsten + / Night/Tungsten Alt
Agfa Vista 800 - / -- / + / ++ / Contrast + / Cool / Cool + / Soft Highs / Vibrant / Warm / Warm + / Night/Tungsten / Night/Tungsten + / Night/Tungsten Alt
Fuji Neopan 400 - / -- / + / ++ / +++ / Contrast + / Contrast/Fade + / Soft Highs / Night/Tungsten / Night/Tungsten +
Kodak BW400CN - / -- / + / ++ / +++ / Contrast + / Contrast/Fade + / Soft Highs / Night/Tungsten / Night/Tungsten +
Kodak Ektar 100 - / -- / + / + Blue / + Magenta / ++ / ++ Blue / +++ / Contrast + / Cool / Cool + / Soft Highs / Vibrant / Warm / Warm - / Warm +
Kodak Gold 100 - / -- / + / + Alt / + Alt 2/ + Soft Highs / ++ / +++ / Contrast + / Cool / Cool + / Portrait / Vibrant / Warm / Warm +
Kodak Gold 200 - / -- / + / ++ / ++ Alt / +++ / Contrast + / Cool / Cool + / Green / Portrait / Soft Highs / Vibrant / Warm / Warm +
Kodak Max 800 - / -- / + / ++ / +++ / Alt / Alt + / Alt ++ / Alt Cool / Alt Warm / Contrast + / Cool / Cool + / Soft Highs / Vibrant / Warm / Warm + / Night/Tungsten / Night/Tungsten + / Night/Tungsten Alt
Kodak Royal Gold 400 - / -- / + / ++ / +++ / Contrast + / Cool / Cool + / Soft Highs / Vibrant / Warm / Warm + / Night/Tungsten / Night/Tungsten + / Night/Tungsten Alt
Kodak Ultramax 400 - / -- / + / + Green / ++ / ++ Green / +++ / Contrast + / Cool / Cool + / Soft Highs / Vibrant / Warm / Warm + / Night/Tungsten / Night/Tungsten + / Nigh/Tungsten Alt
Kodak Ultramax 800 - / -- / + / + Alt / ++ / +++ / Contrast + / Cool / Cool + / Soft Highs / Vibrant / Warm / Warm + / Night/Tungsten / Night/Tungsten + / Night/Tungsten Alt

I've looked at VSCO for quite some time and when the offer came up for the new 05 set and a half price "other", I succumbed. However, I'm not sure I find them as useful as Colour Efex/Silver Efex. They look a bit crude colour wise to me somehow and yet, I have found a few settings that I like. I have 01 as well as 05 but I think I should have got the slide film instead as it's much brighter. Love to see anyone else's pics using these :)

I've looked at VSCO for quite some time and when the offer came up for the new 05 set and a half price "other", I succumbed. However, I'm not sure I find them as useful as Colour Efex/Silver Efex. They look a bit crude colour wise to me somehow and yet, I have found a few settings that I like. I have 01 as well as 05 but I think I should have got the slide film instead as it's much brighter. Love to see anyone else's pics using these :)

I have packs 01, 02 and 03. Admittedly I find that they tend to work better on my Canon and Olympus RAW files in LR as opposed the the RAF files from the Fujis. In any case I think the presets rarely work in a one-click-and-done fashion and require full use of the the VSCO Toolkit to tweak each preset for the particular photo. In the end I just started using the curves tool in LR since I found a lot of the issues I was having with VSCO and the RAF files was around the use the of Luminance and Saturation sliders, which are a big part of VSCO. I do still like the vignette settings in the VSCO toolkit and use them regularly.

I have packs 01, 02 and 03. Admittedly I find that they tend to work better on my Canon and Olympus RAW files in LR as opposed the the RAF files from the Fujis. In any case I think the presets rarely work in a one-click-and-done fashion and require full use of the the VSCO Toolkit to tweak each preset for the particular photo. In the end I just started using the curves tool in LR since I found a lot of the issues I was having with VSCO and the RAF files was around the use the of Luminance and Saturation sliders, which are a big part of VSCO. I do still like the vignette settings in the VSCO toolkit and use them regularly.

I'm interested in the Kodak Gold 100 and 200, because I know those are some of the commercial films that my dad used to capture photos of our family, when I was a child.

I haven't really used the VSCO toolkit. I guess I should try it out :)

My good friend Olga, amazing musician and one of the most talented girls I know. She's not a model, but was interested in being photographed "like one of my girls" as she puts it. I think she did great! I used the Fuji 35mm f/1.4 and a Nikon 100mm f/2.8 Series E on the X-T1

EDIT: Still no lightroom X-T1 support, so I worked on the jpegs.

View attachment 19409
Untitled by the_sardonic_iconic, on Flickr
View attachment 19410
View attachment 19411
View attachment 19412

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back