Show Benches and Chairs

ZF0_0326.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

M.

Canon color is something special that I cannot duplicate with my Oly cameras and lenses, though I do try. There is a warmth that is rather like that of the old Kodak Kodachrome slide film. I still have my Canon 5d3 that I can't part with, along with a stable of lenses. I like to use it for summer flower images, just for the special effects it brings.
John, do you use LSF JPEG?
Also, what are your other settings for WB, saturation, etc?

My Oly cameras are generally set LSF (always), WB auto, Sharpness +1, Contrast +1, Saturation 0, Gradation normal. I will sometimes set different settings when shooting B+W images as needed.
Hmmm. I usually turn sharpening OFF or minimum, contrast= -1 and saturation= 0.

I make up for the lack of in-camera sharpening by applying a small USM via an automated Adobe macro (Action). I have found that this gives better results than the standard additive sharpening method used by the cameras. USM is a subtractive method of sharpening.

Just FWIW.

Hmmm. I usually turn sharpening OFF or minimum, contrast= -1 and saturation= 0.

I make up for the lack of in-camera sharpening by applying a small USM via an automated Adobe macro (Action). I have found that this gives better results than the standard additive sharpening method used by the cameras. USM is a subtractive method of sharpening.

Just FWIW.
For my part, I shoot JPEG only, and do just minimal PP using the old Picassa program in which I do simple things like conversion to B+W and slight adjustments to lighting. I am not a fan of using my limited time on Big Brand PP programs, so try for good SOOC images: WYSIWYG.

Back