Show best of the month - April 2013

Briar

Hall of Famer
Time is ticking by and April is already beginning to escape from our memories as we venture briskly through May. Before it disappears in the mist of time, please share your single favourite image from April 2013.

Here is mine below, a waiter enjoying a brief moment of respite before the rush at the Hard Jazz Caffe Troubadour in the Old Town, Dubrovnik. Good times! It's a little bit rough and fuzzy but I like it.

8728374730_bf588b3381_z.jpg

Jazz Caffe, Dubrovnik by Briar34, on Flickr

Get posting folks!

A poor month for me with my mind elsewhere, few photographs taken and my life very unsettled. This actually illustrates poor technique and lack of care and attention, however it was a splendid sight and an echo of a time when this could be seen several times a day with exactly these type of engines, a Hall and a Castle, though rarely as clean as these two. So a favourite subject, but not technically my best by any means.

4271805.jpg

Barrie

Ooh glad you remembered to do this.

Here's my favourite from April ... when I am in the mood to transform the bathroom into a darkroom for an evening, I shall print this one as large as I can. Digitisation has lent it a rather coarse look unfortunately

8690127658_2f6f545032_c.jpg

20130428-1-2 by _loupe, on Flickr

I went out photographing three times in April. A different genre each time: urban, seascape, and modern dance performance.

Hard to choose one, but this one seemed to be well liked by my Flickr contacts:

8686431500_1ddbfeb5c9_o.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Playa by ramirezaponte, on Flickr

Cheers,

Antonio

I travelled quite a bit in April - Lisbon, Whitstable, Canterbury, Portsmouth - so I have a few to choose from - but I am going to go with this one:

View attachment 69343
Canterbury X-E1 Cathedral 4 by Lightmancer, on Flickr

I rarely do architectural stuff, but I really like this one. It is Canterbury Cathedral, shot handheld with the X-E1 and the 18-55. It is actually presented here "upside down" - or at least rotated through 180 degrees because I preferred the balance this way around.

Here's mine - my august sister benevolently staring at me right after lunch, inside St.Ignatius church in Rome. Tired, but still ready to fight.

image-314793366.jpg

E-PL3 with lumix 20mm f/1,7

A sort of bizarre shot that looks like its processed using some weird filter or something, but it's just shot through the back of a subway staircase enclosure with this pattern in the glass, into the morning sun as a couple of commuters emerge from the subway. Best? Who's to say? But it's a favorite anyway.

8681005244_0fb4726bcf_b.jpg

Philly RX1-66-Edit by ramboorider1, on Flickr

-Ray

Karen, thanks for doing these every month. I try to hit most of the image threads and I follow many members here on flickr, but I'm still amazed at the depth and breadth of great photos from this group. It inspires me to keep after it.

Back