Show "Bicycle"

tonyturley

Hall of Famer
Nov 24, 2014
Scott Depot, WV, USA
Tony
Thanks for the info, Kyle. I think I was leaning a bit too far forward, because my back felt better when I sat upright and just held the grips lightly, but I couldn't keep that posture long. For my next ride I'm going to lift the stem up and rotate the bars to bring the grips just a bit closer to me.

I think the trail you rode was a few hours farther north from where I was.

tonyturley

Hall of Famer
Nov 24, 2014
Scott Depot, WV, USA
Tony
Another nice ride up north, starting just before sunrise. 30 miles out and back on the North Bend Rail Trail. After this pic was taken, I adjusted the stem upward about 20 degrees, and rotated the bars forward so my grips were flat. Made a huge difference in my comfort level. There were several long climbs going in each direction, and they gave me no problem.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Graham Moore

Rookie
Oct 15, 2018
Vancouver BC
Graham
I adjusted the stem upward about 20 degrees, and rotated the bars forward so my grips were flat. Made a huge difference in my comfort level. There were several long climbs going in each direction, and they gave me no problem.
It's amazing what a difference relatively small adjustments make to ride comfort and control. I used to ride up to 160km occasionally and set up my now 13 year old bike up with that in mind. It's still a joy to ride and never needs any alignment tweaked.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom